Centro Medico

Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Centro Medico

Having recently joined this astute organisation I am gobsmacked to learn that the only thing they will accept as payment for treatment is cash they did not even offer me a receipt. How on earth do they get away with this? I can even get my cat treated at the vets and pay by credit card!!!

I am also disturbed that there seems to be no price list as a guideline for treatment.

Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Centro Medico

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Having recently joined this astute organisation I am gobsmacked to learn that the only thing they will accept as payment for treatment is cash they did not even offer me a receipt. How on earth do they get away with this? I can even get my cat treated at the vets and pay by credit card!!!

I am also disturbed that there seems to be no price list as a guideline for treatment.

I think it varies from place to place .... I went to the surgery at Oliva Nova for a full medical and I got a full printed receipt, copies of all the scans, a written medical report and all the ECG data and blood test results. I was able to pay by card.
I'd check before having treatment about costs. They were not cheap, but overall roughly what I was expecting for such a thorough medical.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:06 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

We pay cash in Chiclana, they do not except debit card but I have seen peeps pay with credit card, get receipt but sometime have to ask for it, have to agree about price list.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I think it varies from place to place .... I went to the surgery at Oliva Nova for a full medical and I got a full printed receipt, copies of all the scans, a written medical report and all the ECG data and blood test results. I was able to pay by card.
I'd check before having treatment about costs. They were not cheap, but overall roughly what I was expecting for such a thorough medical.
I would have thought all medical centres in Spain should be singing from the same hymn sheet??
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought all medical centres in Spain should be singing from the same hymn sheet??
I get the impression that they may be franchises, or something like that.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:10 pm
Senior Moment

According to this they have only 5 clinics in this region (1 franchise?)

http://www.centro-medico.com/
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
According to this they have only 5 clinics in this region (1 franchise?)

http://www.centro-medico.com/

This is the one in the center of Chiclana.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crispygirl
We pay cash in Chiclana, they do not except debit card but I have seen peeps pay with credit card, get receipt but sometime have to ask for it, have to agree about price list.
They told me today that they do not accept credit or debit cards of any kind and all treatment has to paid in cash. How they get away with this is beyond me.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

We were in there today (Chiclana) and saw someone paying with some sort of card at the desk but whenever I have asked I have been told no cards. Occasionally we have had receipts for treatment. But they seem to be very good at managing to lose the results of blood tests, this is the second time it has happened to us.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jo-ann
We were in there today (Chiclana) and saw someone paying with some sort of card at the desk but whenever I have asked I have been told no cards. Occasionally we have had receipts for treatment. But they seem to be very good at managing to lose the results of blood tests, this is the second time it has happened to us.
My opinion is.
If they are expecting ex pats to use this clinic then they will have to get their act together. They may think it is acceptable to treat their own kind in this fashion but I doubt very much foriegners will put up with it for long. Speaking for myself if things do not alter I will not be paying anymore subscriptions.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:15 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Mitzipur I know it must be annoying to find they do not take credit cards, but surely they can choose to do what they like. Most people take them for fear of losing custom, but if one's custom is assured, then why should they be expected to pay commission to the card agency ?? If they did prices would only have to rise. Perhpas they have two price lists.. one for the expats and one for the locals. I wonder if they see the expats who need private care.. ie unable to subscribe to the health service as being better off than the locals and operate a two tier system ?? Unfair, but then there are many places that do this sort of thing. Visiting a friend working in Venice who was known to the restaurants and bars we paid quite different prices to the tourists. And look at the Channel Islands which operate a two tier pricing structure for selling property.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=jo-ann;4405521]We were in there today (Chiclana) and saw someone paying with some sort of card at the desk but whenever I have asked I have been told no cards. QUOTE]

Were they credit cards or cards from private medical organisations? I can use my sanitas card at Centro Medico in Chiclana for example and not have to pay just as at any doctor or private clinic.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Poollounger

I understand what you are saying about Credit Cards and fees - however if they are running a business there should be some record about paying for services. I shall be asking for receipts from now on as treatment is ongoing...

As for price lists being different for expats. At present there are no price lists at all I was told!!

Last edited by mitzipurr; Feb 15th 2007 at 8:57 am. Reason: addition
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:50 am
Senior Moment

[QUOTE=Lis48;4406897]
Originally Posted by jo-ann
We were in there today (Chiclana) and saw someone paying with some sort of card at the desk but whenever I have asked I have been told no cards. QUOTE]

Were they credit cards or cards from private medical organisations? I can use my sanitas card at Centro Medico in Chiclana for example and not have to pay just as at any doctor or private clinic.
Centro Medico in Oliva Nova don't work with Sanitas ... strange how they differ
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:06 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Mitzyboy;4407250]
Originally Posted by Lis48

Centro Medico in Oliva Nova don't work with Sanitas ... strange how they differ
Like dentists in Britain....no consistency....some do NHS, some don't. Some do Denplan, and again some don't

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.