Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Catteries In Costa De La Luz

Catteries In Costa De La Luz

Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Catteries In Costa De La Luz

Does anyone know of any catteries around the Chiclana/Cadiz areas?

I have scoured for 3 weeks and so far only been offered a recovery cage in the local vets at 10 Euros each day per cat

It seems like a good business venture to someone as it seems the nearest cattery or even dog kennels is in Estepona - suprisingly NOTHING in Gibraltar even!!!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catteries In Costa De La Luz

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Does anyone know of any catteries around the Chiclana/Cadiz areas?

I have scoured for 3 weeks and so far only been offered a recovery cage in the local vets at 10 Euros each day per cat

It seems like a good business venture to someone as it seems the nearest cattery or even dog kennels is in Estepona - suprisingly NOTHING in Gibraltar even!!!
This would be my dream, have always wanted a cattery as I am cat mad. Sorry don't know of anywhere. You may have to go up to Costa del Sol which isn't so bad now the new road across from Medina has been finished. The only other option is to leave the cat at home and get a neighbour to come in and let him/her/them out and feed them. They are usually a lot happier with this option anyway. Where abouts do you live as I am in Pago de Humo in Chiclana. I have an adopted kitten which followed us home and three cats still back with our daughter in the UK (2 siamese and a burmese).
Old Jan 9th 2005, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down Re: Catteries In Costa De La Luz

Hi Glynis

Isnt the forum wonderful for bringing people together with like minds? I have 3 cats a Grey Chartreux and a White Persian which were abandoned and a part Persian which came from UK. I used to have a siamese but he had a heart attack a few months ago - I still miss him - there is always another little soul waiting in the wings!!

I live in Pinar de Las Franceses area near the Hipersol?

I was thinking to leave them home with food and water in the garage and giving them access (as it is only for a few days) but I know I will be worried about them

Originally Posted by glynis
This would be my dream, have always wanted a cattery as I am cat mad. Sorry don't know of anywhere. You may have to go up to Costa del Sol which isn't so bad now the new road across from Medina has been finished. The only other option is to leave the cat at home and get a neighbour to come in and let him/her/them out and feed them. They are usually a lot happier with this option anyway. Where abouts do you live as I am in Pago de Humo in Chiclana. I have an adopted kitten which followed us home and three cats still back with our daughter in the UK (2 siamese and a burmese).
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Hi Glynis

Isnt the forum wonderful for bringing people together with like minds? I have 3 cats a Grey Chartreux and a White Persian which were abandoned and a part Persian which came from UK. I used to have a siamese but he had a heart attack a few months ago - I still miss him - there is always another little soul waiting in the wings!!

I live in Pinar de Las Franceses area near the Hipersol?

I was thinking to leave them home with food and water in the garage and giving them access (as it is only for a few days) but I know I will be worried about them
If you are near Hipersol, I would be happy to check on them as I seem to spend my life in the supermarket. My three are going to stay in the UK. I made the mistake of letting my daughter take them in temporarily. Unfortunately they settled in so well as she is in the country and dotes on them (they spend most of the time on her bed) that when the time came to arrange to get them over it became too traumatic as if I was stealing my own cats!!! Miss them terribly and am on the lookout for a Siamese or Burmese kitten. The other thing you could look at is a boarding kennels in Conil called Ben Sur, seems to be mainly dogs but my husband seems to remember seeing a cat there. We have just got a Westie pup from there, conditions are very basic but the dogs were very healthy.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs down Re: Catteries In Costa De La Luz

Hi Glynis

Thank you for your very kind offer I would feel a lot happier if they were left in their own environment.

I am approx 5 minutes drive from Hipersol - we would need to be in contact today if this is OK for you.

Please email me at [email protected] with your telephone number and I can call you.

I have looked on the internet for Ben Sur but cannot find anything - perhaps your husband or yourself have a telephone number just in case you are unable to help?

Originally Posted by glynis
If you are near Hipersol, I would be happy to check on them as I seem to spend my life in the supermarket. My three are going to stay in the UK. I made the mistake of letting my daughter take them in temporarily. Unfortunately they settled in so well as she is in the country and dotes on them (they spend most of the time on her bed) that when the time came to arrange to get them over it became too traumatic as if I was stealing my own cats!!! Miss them terribly and am on the lookout for a Siamese or Burmese kitten. The other thing you could look at is a boarding kennels in Conil called Ben Sur, seems to be mainly dogs but my husband seems to remember seeing a cat there. We have just got a Westie pup from there, conditions are very basic but the dogs were very healthy.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Hugh O´Connell is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this answer is a little late but it might help future queries. My wife and I opened a Kennels and Cattery last year in Marquesado, just outside Chiclana. You can check out the web site at: www.indiana.com.es or call me on (0034) 618 277636. Come and have a look at the place and see what you think.
Hugh O´Connell
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:42 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hugh O´Connell
I know this answer is a little late but it might help future queries. My wife and I opened a Kennels and Cattery last year in Marquesado, just outside Chiclana. You can check out the web site at: www.indiana.com.es or call me on (0034) 618 277636. Come and have a look at the place and see what you think.
Hugh O´Connell
I know Hugh's wife, Delia, who is lovely. She is also a veterinary nurse here in Chiclana. I've seen the cattery, it's lovely and in the grounds of their house. I also know of people who have used the facilities, and they have been very pleased.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Hugh O´Connell is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for those kind words, actually you are correct, my wife is lovely.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 9:40 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hugh O´Connell
Thank you for those kind words, actually you are correct, my wife is lovely.
That's OK Hugh. Mention yoga, Spot and Tula and Delia will know who I am.