Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Catequésis Question

Catequésis Question

Old Mar 21st 2012, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

cat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant futurecat6 has a brilliant future
Default Catequésis Question

My 8-year old daughter is doing her catequésis classes. Although we are CofE, she was keen to do it because all her class at school do, and I couldn't see why not.

A funny thing has come up though ... we got a letter from the parish to say that on Monday the whole catequésis class is going to the church for a renovación del bautismo.

My question is ... Does this mean she will effectively become a bapitzed Catholic on Monday?

Not that I mind. I'm just curious. And I don't want to raise it with the priest, because I don't want to risk creating a big drama for my little girl.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catequésis Question

Originally Posted by cat6
My 8-year old daughter is doing her catequésis classes. Although we are CofE, she was keen to do it because all her class at school do, and I couldn't see why not.

A funny thing has come up though ... we got a letter from the parish to say that on Monday the whole catequésis class is going to the church for a renovación del bautismo.

My question is ... Does this mean she will effectively become a bapitzed Catholic on Monday?

Not that I mind. I'm just curious. And I don't want to raise it with the priest, because I don't want to risk creating a big drama for my little girl.
You should raise it with the priest. Nothing to worry about. He may speak enough English if you don't get on in Spanish.
Moreover, I'd very much doubt that she'll "become catholic" simply by having attended catequésis classes or even being part of a 'renovacion del bautismo'.
In the end, he'll be pleased that you have shown enough interest for your daughter to attend.