British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Castella International (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/castella-international-865624/)

Mary1205 Sep 23rd 2015 9:27 pm

Castella International

We would like as much information as possible about Castella International.
What amenities are there?
Do many people live there full time?

Rosemary Sep 23rd 2015 9:36 pm

Re: Castella International

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Mary1205 Sep 23rd 2015 10:04 pm

Thank you Rosemary for your kind welcome.

Mary

iano Sep 24th 2015 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Mary1205 (Post 11756301)
We would like as much information as possible about Castella International.

No up to date information, Mary, was last there in about 2005. Castalla International was at that time predominantly ex-pat, with the usual smattering of bars, restaurants, services etc.

Castalla Int is isolated and a car ride from Castalla, a small working town with all the usual facilities. Excellent road down to Alicante, the scenery is nice, very green and wooded hills surrounding. Some picturesque villages nearby such as Tibi.

High up, therefore can be very cold in the winter months, something to consider.

tony Sep 24th 2015 9:01 pm

Hi Mary ,

I live about 20 mins away in Agost , Castella international is a large urbanisation, a short drive from Castella .

Last week I spoke to some friends that live in the Salinas and want to move to castella international as they wanted neighbours , and have friends that live there full time .

Also my wifes friend lives there full time , so I guess some full timers present

I am not a great fan of Large urbanisations, but can see they have good points too .

Ps remember Castella is at quite above see level so can get pretty cold in the winter ! as mentioned before .

Are you thinking of buying there ?

Cheers Tony Agost Alicante

Mary1205 Sep 24th 2015 9:18 pm

Yes Tony we are looking to buy, however as this will be long term we need to be sure the support is there i.e doctors shops etc. We will have transport initialyy but is there public transport running?

Mary

tony Sep 24th 2015 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mary1205 (Post 11757129)
Yes Tony we are looking to buy, however as this will be long term we need to be sure the support is there i.e doctors shops etc. We will have transport initialyy but is there public transport running?

Mary

Hi Mary

I will ask my wife to ask here friend about public transport ,

It looks a bit isolated to me , a bit in the middle of no where , have you ever thought about living a little nearer Alicante , which is great for the coast, city and airport also warmer in the winter !

There are so many bargains about at the moment , its a buyers market !

Cheers Tony

Mary1205 Sep 24th 2015 9:51 pm

We ahve also been looking at La Marina we have stayed there many times so know whats available there

tony Sep 25th 2015 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Mary1205 (Post 11757167)
We ahve also been looking at La Marina we have stayed there many times so know whats available there

Hi Mary ,

So you like urbanisations , my in laws have a place in La Marina they quite like it as they can walk to the shops , also a medical centre there. and main shops including Iceland

Although I have heard you can get quite a few British product now in Consum in Castalla

Castella is a nice town but very Spanish , where as La Marina will have a large expat community

Also better public transport

so I guess it depends on the sort of life style you are looking for.

Cheers Tony