Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

CASH FOR ONE QUICK CALL

CASH FOR ONE QUICK CALL

Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:28 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Smile CASH FOR ONE QUICK CALL

I have just received 137 pounds for one call to Barclays having paid off my mortgage before moving to Spain unknown to me I was over charged a mortgage exit fee it appears a change in the law means these extra charges must be repayed to the debtor plus interest in some cases. A list of the various mortgage companies is hereon some like Barclays/Woolwich have a dedicated line that deals just with such refunds. They will not chase you to give you the cash you have to make a little effort with a call or letter to you mortgage provider. Have your name,roll number/account number and property address handy when calling. You can go back quiet a number of years so if you paid your mortgage before you came to spain or in the UK...claim or at least make enqs .... please update hereon if you are successful....every little helps Even if you don’t have a clue about what you were charged, reclaiming should be pretty easy. Just call your old lender and say “I’d like to reclaim my old mortgage exit fee please”. When it asked for details say you don’t have them, and ask it to let you know what you were charged and what your contract says. Most will do this without a problem. If it asks you why you want to reclaim, just say “because the regulator, the FSA says I was overcharged”.

How to Reclaim Will it pay interest too?

A&L 295 - 150 90 Mightn't offer the entire difference as fee structure was changed in Jan 04. Call 0870 901 1001 or write to Mortgage Customer Relations, Alliance & Leicester plc, Carlton Park, Narborough, Leicester LE19 0AL to find out about your specific case. No

Abbey 225 0 but introducing a 225 ‘mortgage account fee‘ 85 50 Call 0845 716 5905 or write to Abbey, Cr Team, PO BOX 286, Stockton on Tees, TS17 6QQ. No

Barclays / Woolwich 275 - 95 50 Contact on dedicated telephone no
0800 0234180 . Yes at 4%

Bradford and Bingley 235 - tbc tbc Would like people to write to Customer Relations, PO Box 2, Main Street, Bingley,
West Yorkshire, BD16 2LW. No

Bristol & West 195 0 but introducing a 195 ‘core term fee‘ 150 50
(plus 10 days interest + 37.50 deeds release) Contact at Customer Relations Mortgages, Bristol & West Plc, One Temple Quay, Bristol, BS99 7AX or standard customer services telephone number. No

Britannia 75 for each sub a/c Max 125 50 50 Call 01538 392700 or write to Customer Feedback Centre (C097), Britannia Building Society, Newton House, Leek, Staffordshire, Moorlands, ST13 5RG No

Cheltenham & Gloucester / Lloyds 225 0 50 35 Call 0845 6031637 or write to Cheltenham & Gloucester, Chief Office, Barnett Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL Yes, at 6.25%

Clydesdale Bank / Yorkshire Bank 195 - None None Write to the branch where you held your account or Customer Relations - Wealth & Mortgages, Level 4, Box 25, 40 St Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2HL. No
Coventry BS 195 (inc deeds fee) 125 55 +
40 deeds fee 55 +
40 deeds fee Would prefer people to write to Customer Relations, Oakfield House, Binley Business Park, Coventry, CV3 9YR or can phone 0845 7665522. No

Dunfermline BS 199 - 75 50 Have stated that their "costs are justified" so may not make a refund, but that any complaints will be looked at on a case by case basis so call on 0845 6012218 or write to Dunfermline Building Society, Caledonia House, Carnegie Avenue, Dunfermline, KY11 8PJ. No

Halifax 225
(inc. deeds release) 0 125 55 Contact on dedicated telephone no 08451 203033 and may be sent a form to complete. No

HSBC None - None None Doesn't charge an exit fee - so no need
to do anything! No

Kent Reliance BS 225 150 tbc tbc Call 0845 122 0033 or write to standard customer services address. No

Nationwide BS 90 - 0 67 Would like people to write to Mortgage Operations, Nationwide, Kings Park Road, Moulton Park, Northampton NN3 6NW. No

Natwest / Royal Bank of Scotland 225 0 85 / 75 65 / 80 Call 0845 3020190 (Natwest) or 0845 7212600 (RBS) or write to Mortgage Operations, PO Box 19505,

Greenock, PA15 1EF No
Northern Rock 250 0 150 75 Has £15 million set aside to pay claims. Wants people to write to Customer Support, Northern Rock PLC, Northern Rock House, Regent Centre, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL, and include a contact telephone no. If a refund is due they will ask you to sign a declaration form. No

Portman BS 195 145 tbc 55 Would like people to write to Portman BS, Portman House, Richmond Hill,
Bournemouth, BH2 6EP. No

Skipton BS 175 125 75 tbc Call 0845 8501700 or write to Customer Relations, Skipton BS, The
Bailey, Skipton, BD23 1DN. No

Standard Life 200 0 150 0 Write to Standard Life Bank, Customer Relations Team, Dundas House, 20 Brandon Street, Edinburgh, EH3 5PP No

West Bromwich BS 300 200 tbc tbc Would like people to write to West Bromwich Building Society, Customer Care Team, 374 High Street, West Bromwich, B70 8LR. No

Yorkshire BS 199 - 100 tbc Call 0845 120 0100 or write to Service Quality, Yorkshire House, Yorkshire Drive,
Bradford BD5 8LJ. No

Last edited by poshnbucks; Apr 18th 2008 at 12:45 am. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 18th 2008, 6:42 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CASH FOR ONE QUICK CALL

I have heard of this. Do you know if there is a deadline?

Found the site which informed me of this, I'd read it and forgotten about it. HERE is the link

Last edited by Lionda; Apr 18th 2008 at 6:45 am. Reason: Added a link
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Lionda
I have heard of this. Do you know if there is a deadline?

Found the site which informed me of this, I'd read it and forgotten about it. HERE is the link

Yes you are right Lionda re the thread above, Lots of other tips as well as a good read. as for limit on making a claim I do not think there is one as long as you can provide the roll/account number. I note that Northern Rock as troubled as it is, Has put aside 15 million pounds for such claims so it make sense to at least make a call to your provider if you have paid up your mortgage in say the last 10 years. I will not be adding anymore to this thread the money is there for you if you qualify.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:48 am

I am sorry to drag this old thread out of the cupboard but people I know are still getting cash returned to them when they paid up their mortgage. I would have thought quiet a few of you would have done this before coming to Spain. They money is there to be repaid to you for the price of a phone call. For the full facts go here for lots of saving tips www.moneysavingexpert.com
Old Jun 15th 2008, 11:42 am
Just Joined

madred is an unknown quantity at this point

t
Thanks phoned skipton BS last monday got a cheque for £80 within five days
Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:03 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

any one that did any foreign exchange with AIB Uk and Ireland , will you where over charged , so if dont trought you bank account , found out throught mate in Uk and went looking for it and got lot money back
nice one poshnbucks
Old Jun 15th 2008, 2:10 pm
Here or There - Who Knows

debandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nicedebandsie is just really nice

Thanks poshnbucks, followed your advice and got a cheque for £135 - lovely jubbly.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 3:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you are all sending him Karma wrapped in a 20 € note. ;-))
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:07 am

I am just pleased that those who believed in the thread content got the cash
I just wish more people would do it.