Reload this Page >

Car Tax Banding on emissions

Car Tax Banding on emissions

Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

ParaHandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Tax Banding on emissions

Hola,
I am about to buy a car in Spain and would like to know the bandings and rates for CO2 tax.
Anyone know?
I've looked and looked but nada.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all
Default Re: Car Tax Banding on emissions

Originally Posted by ParaHandy
Hola,
I am about to buy a car in Spain and would like to know the bandings and rates for CO2 tax.
Anyone know?
I've looked and looked but nada.
Rates are set by your local council and vary from area to area. Ask your local town hall.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 3:26 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you are buying a new car, the registration tax (which is included in the OTR price) is based on CO2 emissions.

Up to 120 it is zero. From 120 to 160 it is 4.75%. From 160 to 200 it is 9.75% and over 200 is 14.75%.

As Shaggymon said, annual road tax is administered by the local town hall and it can vary enormously from one area to another.

It is not (yet) based on CO2 emissions but on the "fiscal horsepower".

Last edited by Fred James; Jan 18th 2010 at 3:29 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:57 am
Just Joined

ParaHandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info - appreciated
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

re the above, for instance

we sold a BMW to a friend who lives only 20 minutes away from us, but different Town Hall

We paid 120 euros a year, she pays 60 euros, gives you an idea, as previous poster says ask at the town hall.