Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car purchase in Menorca or Mallorca or mainland Spain

Car purchase in Menorca or Mallorca or mainland Spain

Old Feb 11th 2023, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Air45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car purchase in Menorca or Mallorca or mainland Spain

We have a property in Menorca and are looking to buy a second hand Ford Fiesta, Skoda Fabia, Seat Ibiza or Renault Clio 100bhp. We want to buy from a car dealer rather than privately. There seems to be very few cars in Menorca and we are thinking of looking in Palma or even going to the car outlet in Alicanti. I know the second hand car market is short of cars throughout Europe and prices in Spain are a lot more expensive than UK. Has anyone any suggestions? Any recent experience of 2nd hand car purchase
Old Feb 12th 2023, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car purchase in Menorca or Mallorca or mainland Spain

Suggest you search here lots of dealers (and private sellers) then you check availability and prices

https://www.coches.net/segunda-mano/...=15&ModelId=86
Old Feb 12th 2023, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Air45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. Yes we are looking in uk and comparing prices.
I wondered if anyone had used an agent to source a car to the required specification?
Old Feb 12th 2023, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Air45
Thank you. Yes we are looking in uk and comparing prices.
I wondered if anyone had used an agent to source a car to the required specification?
I doubt any such thing exists, do they in the Uk???

You would be better buying on the mainland as there will be more choice and at better prices. But you have to factor in the cost of getting it home plus would the warranty still stand.

But before you do, I would be looking at the more common makes and models people are driving in your area.
This will at least give you the confidence that your choice would be easily serviced.

Ive never seen a Roller here and I doubt there would a service centre (I know but its an example)..
Our main daily is a Citroen and there are hundreds of C4's around here and most are the same colour as mine. So I was confident that they were able to be fixed if something went wrong.

Find the make and model and then contact some places, I know of a good second hand dealer near Alicante airport who can be trusted and he may also find you a car (he has before for me, but it was a bit special)..
He is British but has been here for years.

​​​​​​https://www.fwreurocars.com/

Im not connected but have purchased twice and know of others who have as well.
Otherwise its just trawl the internet and contact dealers Im afraid..
Dont bother with private sales as these are no where as easy as in the UK...

Old Feb 18th 2023, 11:14 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
Dont bother with private sales as these are no where as easy as in the UK...
It can be done, my better half is living proof, but then she was selling a car with everything paid and up to date so it was less scary than what it sounds in this article:

Second hand cars in Spain