Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car previously registerd in Spain

Car previously registerd in Spain

Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice
Default Car previously registerd in Spain

Just wondering what the situation is, if we bought a car in the UK that was previously registered in Spain (lhd) also had a tow bar fitted there.
The car would be on UK plates.
Then we move over to Spain and get it back onto Spanish plates.
Apart from the Gestor costs, what problems and costs will there be?
What paperwork must I make sure to gather before purchase?

The thinking behind this is to tour Spain with a caravan. I also feel it would be safer towing with a lefthand drive.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car previously registerd in Spain

The hard part i my view will be the caravan, as it will have to be matriculated on its' own.
If you still have the Spanish paperwork for the car, then that should cut down on some of the costs, depending on whether it was de-registered or not in Spain.
Will the caravan be a UK or Spanish supplied one?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:53 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Yes we did a couple some while ago, had a problem with the VIN no. being typed into docs wrongly by DVLC. Yes both of them. But other than that, it will be treated as a British car

Dave
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Originally Posted by valenciatim
The hard part i my view will be the caravan, as it will have to be matriculated on its' own.
If you still have the Spanish paperwork for the car, then that should cut down on some of the costs, depending on whether it was de-registered or not in Spain.
Thanks valenciatim,
The caravan will be bought in the UK and will go back with us after 3 months.
You see I will have to buy a car to tow the van as my current one isn't powerful enough. So the idea is to buy once, ie the car that we will use in Spain when we settle.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:41 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by valenciatim
The 'van will only need a separate matriculation if it is over 750 kgs. Small 'vans can be under this limit.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:49 am
Costa Blanca lover

BlueChip is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi,

Yes we did a couple some while ago, had a problem with the VIN no. being typed into docs wrongly by DVLC. Yes both of them. But other than that, it will be treated as a British car

Dave
How did you get over the incorrect VIN number? I have the same problem, the VIN on my logbook is wrong, the car is in Spain and I want to put it on Spanish plates.

Martin
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:25 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying, Pruna does not get a 3G signal on my laptop. The answer is that you need to take your own "brass rubbing" of the VIN, plus a photo of it if possible and send to DVLC with photocopies of all relevent paperwork

Dave
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:20 pm
Costa Blanca lover

BlueChip is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks