Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car insurance for an Aussie in Spain

Car insurance for an Aussie in Spain

Old Aug 15th 2010, 11:18 am
Just Joined

parispete is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Car insurance for an Aussie in Spain

I'm an Aussie with a flat in Malaga and a residencia. I want to buy a small car to leave there and need to insure it - just third party cover fire and theft is fine.
I'm extremely wary of 'expat special deals', as I've just had two ripoff experiences based on needing to do stuff in English. Now that my Spanish is getting adequate, I'll take any available advice on who to go with.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 11:26 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car insurance for an Aussie in Spain

Originally Posted by parispete
I'm an Aussie with a flat in Malaga and a residencia. I want to buy a small car to leave there and need to insure it - just third party cover fire and theft is fine.
I'm extremely wary of 'expat special deals', as I've just had two ripoff experiences based on needing to do stuff in English. Now that my Spanish is getting adequate, I'll take any available advice on who to go with.
You may also have a problem without an EU drivers licence, your Oz one will need backing up with an international drivers permit and will only cover you for a certain time limit.