Car Import

Old Jun 13th 2024, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

MovedWithNoIdea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Import

Hi,

I am sure that it has been asked on here before but does anyone know the best company to use to import my 2007 Ford C-max, currently on British plates.
All the companies I have found is Murica way and I am in Valencia!

Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2024, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Import

Originally Posted by MovedWithNoIdea
Hi,

I am sure that it has been asked on here before but does anyone know the best company to use to import my 2007 Ford C-max, currently on British plates.
All the companies I have found is Murica way and I am in Valencia!

Thanks
Its not worth it.
Well it is if and only if. The car has some value. Its got zero rust. Its something special and not made here.

A C max here at that age would cost you between €3,000 and €5,000 for a good clean one. In the Uk because of the salt etc its worth about £1,500
The fact that you have a RHD makes it almost worthless to sell and you would have to scrap it when you do.

As to places. It doesn't matter where the companies are based as they should be able to arrange the engineers reports and the paperwork applications.
You wont be legally able to drive the car once you have started the application as
a) you have to inform the DVLA that the car has been permanently exported on the V5, so it no longer is road legal in the Uk.
b) as above it means you cant insure or tax it here until it has the Spanish plates (unless you get temp green ones)

​​​​​​https://www.relomar.com/en/internati...oreign-car/uk/
This explains the system and they have offices all over the country.

I have spoken to these people and they are very helpful. They were who I was going to use to bring my classics over when we moved but the paperwork was a nightmare and one had quite a bit of rust and would have never got through an ITV here. They also gave me advice about putting the classic I have here on H plates.
​​​​​​https://www.spanish-number-plates.co...rted-vehicles/
Old Jun 14th 2024, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
​​​​​​https://www.relomar.com/en/internati...oreign-car/uk/
This explains the system and they have offices all over the country.
Out of curiosity I took a look at that site and found this: (my italics)

"Car documentation: Gather the English vehicle documentation, which includes the European Certificate of Conformity (COC), the ownership documentation, and the UK registration certificate. The latter must be in your name and show your new address in Spain."

That is utter rubbish as DVLA will not put a non UK address on a V5 - what you actually need is a 'Certificate of Permanent Export'.

There are also other elements of 'advice' which I would class as dubious, such as the claim that it's necessary to be Spanish resident, so for me their credibility is shot.
Old Jun 14th 2024, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
Out of curiosity I took a look at that site and found this: (my italics)

"Car documentation: Gather the English vehicle documentation, which includes the European Certificate of Conformity (COC), the ownership documentation, and the UK registration certificate. The latter must be in your name and show your new address in Spain."

That is utter rubbish as DVLA will not put a non UK address on a V5 - what you actually need is a 'Certificate of Permanent Export'.

There are also other elements of 'advice' which I would class as dubious, such as the claim that it's necessary to be Spanish resident, so for me their credibility is shot.
The first site was just from a Google search...
The second one needs to update the website as I have already spoken to them about it and its well out of date.

The biggest issue now, frankly is, that its not worth bringing a Uk plated car into the EU as the duty, taxes etc can cost thousands.
It is doable yourself and I would attempt it with the help of a gestor who had vehicle experience, but not for the faint hearted.

If the OP can get the CoC then that should be the biggest stumbling block as it then wont need an engineers report. Last time I checked these were around €350
Old Jun 14th 2024, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Good advice, Barriej.