Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car Hire Seville

Car Hire Seville

Old May 28th 2012, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

LynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant future
Default Car Hire Seville

Am flying into Seville for the first time and need to hire a car. Can anyone recommend any of the multitude of companies there seem to be?
Old May 28th 2012, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Hire Seville

Originally Posted by LynnF
Am flying into Seville for the first time and need to hire a car. Can anyone recommend any of the multitude of companies there seem to be?
If you start looking for cheap then make sure you find out about the 'extras' like insurance above the basic etc. One key thing is to check their fuel policy. Many Spanish companies have started using the full-to-empty policy ie they will charge you for a full tank of fuel at exorbitant rates and give no refund for any fuel left in the car. Depending on the car this could easily add 100 euros to the basic cost. Personally I think this is an outright scam verging on fraud. If you use one of the rental car brokers (eg economy car hire, holiday autos,argus etc) and register with them then they will give you the name of the end rentco and you should be able to check out their terms and conditions before you commit. [Note: if you don't register then you may not get the rentco name until you get the voucher]. On at least one occasion I phoned the local company and asked them and consequently cancelled my booking and used another company which saved me the cost of a couple of good nights out.
I also use an annual hire car insurance policy which covers all the xtras and costs £60-70 pa. Most rentco policies do not cover things like glass, tyres and underbody damage. I've lost count of the number of times I have stood behind a returner arguing about tyres or windows smashed by thieves etc. The annual policy saves all this hassle and is well worth the cost if you rent two or three times a year.

Last edited by MikeJ; May 28th 2012 at 8:12 pm.
Old May 29th 2012, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.carjet.com. They are a broker but list the renting company before you buy. This is useful if you particularly want an on site provider. I often use them from Valencia airport.
I also use www.doyouspain.com.
I have had no problems with either broker.
Old May 29th 2012, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

LynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant future

Thanks for that, I did look at the latter yesterday and noted that some of their rentals have a full/full fuel policy which is good (assuming there is a petrol station near the airport)?? I will look at the other one as well.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Greg Holliday is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lynn,

Have sent a PM to you