Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car hire Malaga - any good deals ?

Car hire Malaga - any good deals ?

Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Ambre Solaire will become famous soon enoughAmbre Solaire will become famous soon enough
Default Car hire Malaga - any good deals ?

We are looking to rent a car for 2 months from 20th August. Is anyone aware of a "good deal" with a reputable company.

Have spent hours on google !

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2011, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car hire Malaga - any good deals ?

Originally Posted by Ambre Solaire
We are looking to rent a car for 2 months from 20th August. Is anyone aware of a "good deal" with a reputable company.

Have spent hours on google !

Thanks
I have sent you a private message with details and address of a company we used for twenty years.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Try Torremar Car Hire, a small family run business, may be able to help, web site www.torremarcarhire.com
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ambre Solaire will become famous soon enoughAmbre Solaire will become famous soon enough

Thanks Meg for the PM with all the info

One thing though, the website is "out of action" is that a bad sign !

Regards
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks MrsJDR, although they seem expensive as we want it for 9 weeks
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Meg for the PM with all the info

One thing though, the website is "out of action" is that a bad sign !

Regards
That wasn't their site you were looking at, try this it even gives you a map at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsrxLG2QwYg
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Meg, I have emailed them, see what they can offer.

With regards to the website, that is the site when you put their name and address into google

Regards
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Email to car hire company, has bounced back !
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

My 2 EUrocents of advice :
be very careful ;
why not deal with a major name , like Avis , Europcar , Hertz ?
Even if it costs a few EUros more ( they are all represented at Malaga airport , but early booking can yield a discount or ensure the kind of car you want ) ;
I have rented cars in the past in Spain , from small operators , ( no names will be mentioned ) and usually it was a mistake - some cars were dodgy technically , stank and the air-cons were useless ( a big consideration in summer heat on CdS );
but , once you are there and you've paid and accepted the keys and papers , it's difficult to get any such things sorted .
For a week or 10 days one puts up with , ( once the error has been committed and recognised ) what turns out to be : not such a good deal ( and then you hand the scrap-heap back and fly away ) .
But it is better be safe , than sorry - especially when you are talking a 2 months' rental .
"Holiday autos" were good , though : clean and spic & span , 100% in order - and no , I have no personal interest in promoting them ( also : at Malaga airport ) .

Last edited by Ray51; Jul 28th 2011 at 9:53 am.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Another 'biggie' I've had no trouble with is Europcar - though to be fair that's in the UK rather than here. Might be different! Even Avis were competitive in the UK, too... much to my surprise Prices do drop according to the time you hire for. It can't hurt to find out?
Old Jul 28th 2011, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

We used Advantage, who are a cheap offspring off Hertz, for our recent trip to Alicante. I was slightly anxious about the fact that Carjet had booked us with them, as had read some negative comments about them on another forum, but they were very professional, excellent service and the cars were new (16,000km on the clock and a brief look around the carpark showed others the same), in good condition and they were certainly cheap!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

lovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nicelovethesun is just really nice

I have used this company 3 times now and each time they have been great, always waiting at the airport with a smile even when it was rather late one time, they then drive you the few minutes to their office for the paperwork and away you go. They are polite, and efficient and their cars have always been in excellent condition. I would recommend them to anyone. http://www.malagacar.com/
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Email to car hire company, has bounced back !
Try using the phone.....it works every time!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ray51
My 2 EUrocents of advice :
be very careful ;
why not deal with a major name , like Avis , Europcar , Hertz ?
Even if it costs a few EUros more ( they are all represented at Malaga airport , but early booking can yield a discount or ensure the kind of car you want ) ;
I have rented cars in the past in Spain , from small operators , ( no names will be mentioned ) and usually it was a mistake - some cars were dodgy technically , stank and the air-cons were useless ( a big consideration in summer heat on CdS );
but , once you are there and you've paid and accepted the keys and papers , it's difficult to get any such things sorted .
For a week or 10 days one puts up with , ( once the error has been committed and recognised ) what turns out to be : not such a good deal ( and then you hand the scrap-heap back and fly away ) .
But it is better be safe , than sorry - especially when you are talking a 2 months' rental .
"Holiday autos" were good , though : clean and spic & span , 100% in order - and no , I have no personal interest in promoting them ( also : at Malaga airport ) .
In my experience these or the worst companies to deal with, one of these named here actually tried to charge us twice, once at the time and then again after we got home.

Miguel Rios on the other hand is a medium sized company where you still get that personal service, his cars are all new and are serviced regularly and he wouldn't dream of renting them out without an extensive clean between each customer! In the unlikely event that there is a problem he will sort it out immediately, if you just don't like the car he will change it just so long as he has one available.
You can pick up the car from Malaga airport and at the end of the holiday have a choice of leaving it there or at his office in Fuengirola, if you choose the second option he will run you back to the airport at no charge.

I have no connection to Miguel Rios other than we hired cars from him twice a year for twenty years, we trust him so much that we even bought our present car from him....it's been superb!
Old Jul 29th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

I have also been charged twice , on one occasion , by Budget Rent-a-Car ;
however , this was eventually reversed , after phone calls , letters and faxes . The amount was significant , 500 quid-odd , Golf from Vienna , via Croatia ( some days of rest there ) to Brussels and a drop off there .
But the car was magnificent , fast , safe , clean and very fuel-efficient .
Prior to this , I had many a good experience with Budget elsewhere , incl. U.K. And me and my friends used them again , in Belgium , no complaints .

Nice to learn of good things and good experiences with other firms and another recommendation , anyway .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.