Car Hire Faro

Old Sep 5th 2013, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car Hire Faro

Hi all, we are looing for car hire in September from Faro airport which must have cross border and be able to handle the tolls etc. Does anyone recommend a company to contact that are reasonably priced. We have left it a bit late and our normal guy is fully booked
Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:27 pm
Montesol, Ayamonte

maccro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car Hire Faro

I have booked a good deal through Economy Car Hire for Hallowe'en. Their search identified Travelrent as the most competitive quote at that time with 10 euro charge to cross border and the usual 20 euro for 15 credit on the transponder.

If you register your details on the Economy web site www.economycarhire.com you can access the quotes in more detail and see how the "extras" (transponder, cross border, extra driver etc) impact on the basic car hire element of the quotes.
Good luck.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Try bitbuzz.com
No cross border, cash only, faro airport,cars reasonable. Not sure about tolls, never paid one.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Try bitbuzz.com
No cross border, cash only, faro airport,cars reasonable. Not sure about tolls, never paid one.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

I meant to say. No cross border charge but their is a mileage limit over the border- 180ish km I think.
Regards
Martin.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

I meant to say. No cross border charge but their is a mileage limit over the border- 180ish km I think.
Regards
Martin.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
Regards
Martin.
I heard you the first time, I say, the first time.

Thanks for the info, on the case now!
Old Sep 7th 2013, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

JT01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Drive 4 Fun, always had good service and good cars from them.
Old Sep 8th 2013, 10:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JT01
Try Drive 4 Fun, always had good service and good cars from them.
Do they have transponders like the OP asked? And if so how much did you pay for it please?

Jon
Old Sep 8th 2013, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

JT01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies, yes their cars come with transponders the cost is €20 and comes credited with €15 for the tolls. You can call them to get further funds credited to the transponder, however, no refund for unused credit.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry sent a wrong carhire site previously. It should have been;
http://www.zitautorentacar.co.uk/
Worth a look at. They deal cash only hence reduced costs. Not border charge either but a restriction of approx 120k over the border. I suspect this has more to do with car rescue/recovery than insurance.
No transponder issued.

Regards
Martin
Old Sep 18th 2013, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Michael M is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know whether you've booked your car yet. We have been using Drive4Fun via Economy Car Hire for over 5 years. Cars in good condition. Transponder fitted for A22. Have always been very satisfied.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Yes booked and in Spain now. Went with LuzCar through ECH in the end. Met two guys in a white van next to the Car Hire hut in car park 4. Nice guys, spoke good English etc. No Deposit or Credit Card needed, which explained itself once we saw the car. 6 years old and had a good few scraps already, in fact I'm not sure they even want it back.

Plus side though they were very cheap, it had half a tank of fuel instead of the quarter he thought it had and the car does what we want, so not bothered what it looks like. And they won't notice if I add to the collection of scratches. So far so good and will use them again.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

I'll keep an eye out for the banger on four wheels so.
Only jesting.
Arriving this morning. I could end up with a Robin reliant !
Old Sep 18th 2013, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

I'll keep an eye out for the banger on four wheels so.
Only jesting.
Arriving this morning. I could end up with a Robin reliant !