British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Car help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/car-help-678232/)

EDDIE SPARROW Jul 25th 2010 9:45 pm

Car help

Could any one please give me some information. I brought an ex pat,s spanish reg car from the uk to majorca i have since had an ITV here so i have the two year one,i have spanish car insurance now,i live here from april to oct,what else do i need, many thanks

Fredthered Jul 26th 2010 6:09 am

Re: Car help

Eddie.
I applaud you trying to make a living mate, but fear your enthusiasm to seize every opportunity, may lead you into conflict with the moderators, as you may have posted a little recklessly, on other posts.
There may(?) be a proper way to make people aware of your services. :unsure:
Hope you can sort it with them.

Cheers
Fredthered

Casa Santo Estevo Jul 26th 2010 8:34 am

You need to register the car in your name. The best way is for you to employ a Gestor and get them to do all the paperwork. It will coast but it will save you a lot of time queuing and filling in the Spanish paperwork.

pwwm Jul 26th 2010 9:27 am

I assume you also have car tax? you mention insurance and ITV, would be better if you had the paperwork from ex owners and everything signed by them, but am sure a Gestor will sort, eventually:)

bfg69bug Jul 26th 2010 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by pwwm (Post 8728669)
I assume you also have car tax? you mention insurance and ITV, would be better if you had the paperwork from ex owners and everything signed by them, but am sure a Gestor will sort, eventually:)

dont assume anything.

a transfer can NOT be done unless:

- the tax is up to date and you have the reciept or a copy of.

- the previous owner is present, or you have a copy of the passport / nie / sales contract.

- and the car has itv.

good luck, you might need it.

or u could drive it as is. you CAN insure it, with them as the owner, if you have their NIE number. with all bills / fines going to them.. but that WOULD BE ILLEGAL, so is not recomended.

pwwm Jul 26th 2010 7:17 pm

A friend here bought, before I knew, a spanish reg car in UK, he drove it over for his sil, it has taken 9 months to get sorted, turned out there were 2 owners on the log book, but our local Gestor has had it in hand.

I would definately not buy a spanish reg car in UK:wub:

bfg69bug Jul 26th 2010 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by pwwm (Post 8729935)
A friend here bought, before I knew, a spanish reg car in UK, he drove it over for his sil, it has taken 9 months to get sorted, turned out there were 2 owners on the log book, but our local Gestor has had it in hand.

I would definately not buy a spanish reg car in UK:wub:

thats good, most gestors i know wont touch them.

Rotor Jul 27th 2010 10:05 am

Originally Posted by bfg69bug (Post 8729954)
thats good, most gestors i know wont touch them.

Ive recently been offered a 20 k Audi for 10k for this reason alone!!! Named owner on docs cant be traced and current owner who has a UK stlye reciept in english but dose not have a copy of NIE:eek::thumbdown:

bfg69bug Jul 27th 2010 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by bfg69bug (Post 8729918)
dont assume anything.

a transfer can NOT be done unless:

- the tax is up to date and you have the reciept or a copy of.

- the previous owner is present, or you have a copy of the passport / nie / sales contract.

- and the car has itv.

good luck, you might need it.

or u could drive it as is. you CAN insure it, with them as the owner, if you have their NIE number. with all bills / fines going to them.. but that WOULD BE ILLEGAL, so is not recomended.

for some reason i cant edit :

its not illegal, its just frowned upon.

bfg69bug Jul 27th 2010 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Rotor (Post 8731306)
Ive recently been offered a 20 k Audi for 10k for this reason alone!!! Named owner on docs cant be traced and current owner who has a UK stlye reciept in english but dose not have a copy of NIE:eek::thumbdown:

i´ll give them 500 euros and strip it for parts.