Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car dealerships - anyone any GOOD stories?

Car dealerships - anyone any GOOD stories?

Old May 25th 2009, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car dealerships - anyone any GOOD stories?

I've had a 'courtesy' car from the garage (at €22/day + IVA) for the 8th day now having been promised my car back after 3 days without fail. Today I go swanning off an hour down the road to collect as arranged Friday, complete with knackered 7 yr old and pissed off cat in a cage - only to be informed by the dealership, by phone as vet is approaching cat, could I possibly pick it up tomorrow.
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Translation for 'I'm every shop manager's worst nightmare in English, get your act together you incompetent *****' urgently required.
OK rant over (SO not......b****r smileys not working!!!!) are all dealerships like this as per most everything else in Spain or am I being a picky N European?

(thumb & middle finger together......ohmmmmm)
Old May 25th 2009, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car dealerships - anyone any GOOD stories?

Karma sent, as obviously needed!
Chill - difficult for a N.European!

But the truth is ALL car dealerships are like this, not just Spanish. They are salesmen.
Old May 25th 2009, 9:44 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Biggelworth, happily for us what you say is not true. Here is our good story.
Bought an old Renault Megane from a local garage. In September when the ITV was due in January. If the car fails bring it back and we will repair it. It failed on emissions and needed a new Lambda Sensor. They put the car onto a a machine and said we feel it does not need changing, but as the testers said it does we will do it….free of charge, plus they lent us a car whilst it was in the garage for a day.
Later the starter motor failed. We got carried back to the garage on a back of a Grúa. Ok we will look at it, lent us the car in between time. They found nothing but changed the battery connections “just in case”. But the car failed to start outside the house next morning. Phoned and they came with courtesy car and Grúa. Had the car for a few days and managed to find a second hand started and fitted. (He did this without asking to save us money). The owner came with our car early one morning to pick up his car. This was in August and we were very busy so he is a godsend as this saved us a great deal of time. Again free loan car, which is has seen far too many kilometres pass by, but at least it has kept us moving. We have taken some of our guests there if they have been in trouble. The other day driving toward the town we passed a 1930-something Talbot, (U.K. registered), He had had some trouble and was looking for a garage. Took him up to our friend and the owner and his staff spent time looking around for some nuts to fit. The old car owner was more than pleased. All of this service from a main Citroen dealership…I doubt if you would get that sort of thing from a U.K. main dealer.
Old May 26th 2009, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

The dealerships have been 'hurting' a lot with the crisis. Now the govt is pushing through a deal-of-a-lifetime to get the old rattle-traps off the road and you into a nice shiny new motor. Autonomies vary, but you should get a couple of thousand off the new car, and Peugeot, I think, has huge offers at the moment.
I'm keeping an eye on the Rollers - and will report once I see any discounts