Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can't have it both ways.

Can't have it both ways.

Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:04 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't have it both ways.

Originally Posted by whitelinen
I am sick of this constant pandering to a minority group.

They only want a church wedding to bling it up, it cant be for religious reasons at all as goes against Christian teaching.

Are Priests to be forced by UK law to marry divorcees.....no, didnt think so.
Here we go!

Wrong group!
Is this a homaphob' coming out?

There are thousands upon thousands of groups and institutions in the UK receiving state money and holding charitable status.

You cant have it both ways and target just the Church of England........ Let gays marry in a Mosque but keep them out of the C of E and RC churches.
Ahh, got it now...........religious nut!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:23 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I don't give a toss either way, however I can't quite get my head around their apparent hypocracy of wanting to be married in an institution which flies in the face of what they believe in.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:25 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

There are thousands upon thousands of groups and institutions in the UK receiving state money and holding charitable status.

You cant have it both ways and target just the Church of England........ Let gays marry in a Mosque but keep them out of the C of E and RC churches.
That's what I like to see. Good old fashioned values and intelligent input.

Just one thing? I think that if you read about it, you will find that the muslims are less tolerant of homosexuality than the xtians.

Sorry, one more thing. How does what you wrote make sense? I can't have it both ways and just select the Cof E from a number of organisations? How is that both ways?

Oooopppsie, just one more. Minor point, but what the frig has this to do with other groups? I said, if the church receives public money, ie thru charitable status, then it has no right to stand there and be discriminatory.

I would also add, that any body that gives a public access service, or receives state money, whether it be the church or the Tufty Club, then it must not act in a discriminatory fashion.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:26 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Here we go!

Is this a homaphob' coming out?

Ahh, got it now...........religious nut!

Now be fair. She is perfectly able to be a religious nut as well as a homophobe. Being a bigot and stupid are not mutually exclusive.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:27 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Personally I don't give a toss either way, however I can't quite get my head around their apparent hypocracy of wanting to be married in an institution which flies in the face of what they believe in.
Well, I suppose that some of them think they can have their religious cake and eat each other.......
Old Feb 14th 2011, 7:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
no Irish.'
WHAT!? When the hell did this get revoked?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 11:20 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I am sick of this constant pandering to a minority group.

They only want a church wedding to bling it up, it cant be for religious reasons at all as goes against Christian teaching.

Are Priests to be forced by UK law to marry divorcees.....no, didnt think so.
When you say 'against Christian teaching' do you means Leviticus 18, 22 which says "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable." ?

(New International Version)
Old Feb 16th 2011, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yeah. But it's ok for hetero couples to get married in church just for the bling of it?! Look at the hypocrisy of that.
It's amazing how bigoted we all are until we've got someone in our family who has either made a choice to be, was changed by circumstances beyond their control .....or is naturally Gay, bi, transexual or whatever.
All this godshite doesn't make any sense to me at all. But if some young person, struggling with a sexuality beyond their control feels the need for support from "a higher power" I'd rather re-educate them in that, than try to change their hormones!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:20 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Yeah. But it's ok for hetero couples to get married in church just for the bling of it?! Look at the hypocrisy of that.
It's amazing how bigoted we all are until we've got someone in our family who has either made a choice to be, was changed by circumstances beyond their control .....or is naturally Gay, bi, transexual or whatever.
All this godshite doesn't make any sense to me at all. But if some young person, struggling with a sexuality beyond their control feels the need for support from "a higher power" I'd rather re-educate them in that, than try to change their hormones!
Look how many people who aren't church goers at all want a white wedding.

I agree it is a bit sad to see gay people seeking the blessing of an organisation that despises them.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Look how many people who aren't church goers at all want a white wedding.
My point exactly

Originally Posted by bil
I agree it is a bit sad to see gay people seeking the blessing of an organisation that despises them.
not exactly what I said.. But I take your point
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:07 am
bil
Banned

not exactly what I said.. But I take your point
Wel that was more to do with what DD wrote.

Why would you want the 'approval' of the church that despises you?

Because you still believe in their Imaginary Friend?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil
Wel that was more to do with what DD wrote.

Why would you want the 'approval' of the church that despises you?

Because you still believe in their Imaginary Friend?
It's very unfortunate. But the church does brainwash young people. i know a young female to male transexual who was brought up in the catholic church and in a catholic school. A really nice guy. Although he KNOWS that it's all rubbish. that seed of 'guilt' has been implanted in his brain and he still struggles with it.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:34 am
bil
Banned

It's very unfortunate. But the church does brainwash young people. i know a young female to male transexual who was brought up in the catholic church and in a catholic school. A really nice guy. Although he KNOWS that it's all rubbish. that seed of 'guilt' has been implanted in his brain and he still struggles with it.
Poor little sod. I hate that. As long as you don't harm anyone else, what the hell business is it of anyone else what the hell you are?

Of course it's a fabulously ironical thing when you compare that to the guilt free buggery of children by catholic priests......