Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Cancelling Telefonica Phone & Broadband

Cancelling Telefonica Phone & Broadband

Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cancelling Telefonica Phone & Broadband

Hi Folks.

Can anyone tell me the procedure,ie contact numbers etc, to cancel the phone and Broadband with Telefonica? How much notice do you need to give them?

In a previous house a couple of years ago it used to be by fax and it took me about 3 attempts to do it, wrong fax number blah blah blah...

So I am determined to get it right this time.

Thanks a zillion
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

dawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nicedawn.s is just really nice
Default Re: Cancelling Telefonica Phone & Broadband

Not sure of the fax number, but I had to send a letter and copy of passport to cancel, that took 3 attempts and they still said they didn't recieve them, in the end I cancelled the payments at the bank.... they got the message then.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

ShaneInBilbao is an unknown quantity at this point

We had Telefonica until about 4 months ago and then changed to Euskaltel. We had to send a letter to Telefonica to cancel and it is 1 months notice. My wife is at work now so cant ask her the address. Will try find out. Buena suerte.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

tallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nice

I have had to do this for 2 properties of mine one about 3 weeks ago and the latest yesterday and both times the procedure was different!
first of all ignore the advice on the Telefonicainenglish website about sending a fax with a scan of your residencia passport etc

Just before Christmas Telefonica sent me a form with all my details filled in ( I have been asking for this since 15th October ) I had to sign in the box and to the left of it scan in my Residencia card and fax it back to them, my phone was off when I checked 30 minutes later

Yesterday I got the form for my second property I was told over the phone when I receive this, phone Telefonica and quote the number on the attached letter and my phone and Internet will be cut off.......guess what? 1 form with a huge fax number across the middle but no attached letter with the number I had to quote

So that's another phone call tomorrow