Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can you point me in the right direction (Cadiz, Seville or Almeria)

Can you point me in the right direction (Cadiz, Seville or Almeria)

Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can you point me in the right direction (Cadiz, Seville or Almeria)

Originally Posted by biggeorge
I am interested about the option of living very cheaply, as long as I have broadband access I can work.

I have seen flatshares in Barcelona with broadband, for 250 to 300 Euros a month. So, if you just want a room in a flat with broadband, you should be able to get that for 150 to 200 Euros in Seville for example.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggeorge
Just to note I don't intend to find web work locally. There are plenty of freelance based market places on the internet. odesk,elance,99designs etc maybe worth a look angie if your hubby is having no luck locally.
Hi biggeorge -

Have you already used those freelance websites? I'm wondering if you can make a living just from projects on those sites. I've looked at them some and it's seems like it might be hard to get going as a freelancer. Looks like the projects that are posted all have many bidders and would be hard to compete with other freelancers who already have completed projects on their records -- or people from India who can charge a lot less. What's your experience?

Sorry can't help too much with your initial inquiry. I'm more familiar with northern Spain. If you have any questions about that area, let me know.

- Eric S.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric S
Hi biggeorge -

Have you already used those freelance websites? I'm wondering if you can make a living just from projects on those sites. I've looked at them some and it's seems like it might be hard to get going as a freelancer. Looks like the projects that are posted all have many bidders and would be hard to compete with other freelancers who already have completed projects on their records -- or people from India who can charge a lot less. What's your experience?

Sorry can't help too much with your initial inquiry. I'm more familiar with northern Spain. If you have any questions about that area, let me know.

- Eric S.
Exactly our experience.