Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can you buy a 2 bedroom house for 70k in Spain?

Can you buy a 2 bedroom house for 70k in Spain?

Old May 14th 2010, 11:33 am
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Can you buy a 2 bedroom house for 70k in Spain?

BTW, seeing as the Spanish and the British are both the same race (Caucasian) a claim of "racism" is ridiculous.
Old May 14th 2010, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tele Addict
BTW, seeing as the Spanish and the British are both the same race (Caucasian) a claim of "racism" is ridiculous.
Well there is only one race in the world anyway, the "human race". All the other ones have been made up, by racists. Caucasian is another one of those stupid American terms that means nothing. It literally means "from the Caucus mountains" which are in western Russia,Turkey, Armena etc, incidently a lot of the people there have quite brown skin.

When people talk about race, they really mean skin colour. In which case, Spaniards are just as white as Brits in the winter, and a lot browner in the summer!
Old May 14th 2010, 1:38 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny, we went for a Chinese meal yesterday and the waitress inadvertently spilled some hot orange sauce on my leg. For a nano second I considered a racist remark, but immediately realised that I couldn't even think of one for the Chinese.

If she had been black or white, I could at least have thought of something, but Far Asian doesn't sound very insulting. The incident got me another complimentary drink anyway, and the nicest apology in pure Spanish
Old May 14th 2010, 2:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jinosbrovens
Talking in regards to spain there is a deep recession taking place and property is just not selling. Letting is very difficult as well plus in addition to that taxes are high. One would have to pay 25% tax on gross rental income to start with.We have also experienced a growing trend by the Spanish towards racist remarks and actions.
Eastern European Tourist Board ?
Old May 14th 2010, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

coming back to the original question,in my little village there are three houses for sale in the 70k range. all recently renovated,all terraced. but,the paperwork on two of them is not complete,and the third one needs water and electric re-connecting(which will cost!!).
the health questions and answers threw up the usual arguements etc..my experience of huercal overa hospital is overwhelmingly good. my wife was taken there some years ago and her treatment couldnt have been bettered. and we didn't speak spanish and didnt have an interpreter with us as it was sudden(999 call).
as for buying a 70k house in the uk, i am only guessing here but i would suggest the area would leave a lot to be desired. read somewhere that a complete street was for sale up norf for about 100 grand. twenty odd houses. this was a couple of years ago. you pays your money and gets what you pays for(old irish saying).
Old May 14th 2010, 6:05 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is the ones who do not speak spanish who don't notice the xenaphobia, how could they when they don't know what they are saying
Old May 14th 2010, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I think it is the ones who do not speak spanish who don't notice the xenaphobia, how could they when they don't know what they are saying
Plus if you speak Spanish, there's no telling what they are saying behind your back But of course you have to blame the Brits that crowd the coasts and bring the worst of Merry England with them. It's a shame too, because much of the Brits we get here are very lovely and great company Maybe the transatlantic airfare has something to do with that.....

Originally Posted by cricketman
When people talk about race, they really mean skin colour. In which case, Spaniards are just as white as Brits in the winter, and a lot browner in the summer!
That's exactly how I am When I visit my family in Puerto Rico I tan and end up looking like someone from Colombia or Venezuela (as I've been told many a time) when I come back to the nether regions of the northeast, I look like someone from Galicia

Last edited by chrisfromusa; May 14th 2010 at 7:07 pm.
Old May 14th 2010, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Plus if you speak Spanish, there's no telling what they are saying behind your back But of course you have to blame the Brits that crowd the coasts and bring the worst of Merry England with them. It's a shame too, because much of the Brits we get here are very lovely and great company Maybe the transatlantic airfare has something to do with that.....

That's exactly how I am When I visit my family in Puerto Rico I tan and end up looking like someone from Colombia or Venezuela (as I've been told many a time) when I come back to the nether regions of the northeast, I look like someone from Galicia
Sorry the airfare has nothing to do with it.I have no desire to visit the US at the moment even though I have relatives there.

Much happier in Spain thanks.
Old May 14th 2010, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Much happier in Spain thanks.
If there was a way for me to move there and have a job I'd probably be happier too But I'd rather raise my family here and retire there

Last edited by chrisfromusa; May 14th 2010 at 7:27 pm.