Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can you buy a 2 bedroom house for 70k in Spain?

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you buy a 2 bedroom house for 70k in Spain?

Originally Posted by Rotor
I`d say that was inacurate going from what Spanish friends with cortijo`s say,they call any small house in the campo a cortijo and refer to larger ones as casa`s ,or maybe it`s a regional thing.
It's a bit like a finca, I tended to think of it as a country estate/farm sort of thing, but if you look up the meaning it gives farm, country estate, building, property in the campo etc. Cortijo and finca sounds much better than a house though!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:36 pm
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe

Does anyone know an area where this is possible?
I was looking at the bank website (La Caixa) and they were advertising repossessions on there. Reasonable 4 bedroom houses in La Romana (Alicante province) for 40k. Even at that price I doubt there'll be a queue though; not to live there anyway.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Does anyone know an area where this is possible?

Reason for asking is I've found several cities in the north or east of England where this is possible. Surely it can be done in Spain too?

Edit: I wrote house meaning terraced house as regards the UK property, but a piso with 2 bedrooms would be quite acceptable

The way things are going you`ll proberley buy two for 70 k !!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

pip001 is an unknown quantity at this point

well we havnt got to worry about that as brought ours out right and do not have that many neigbours either as high up the hill side but still have friends down the bottom of our track who have a 5 bedroom casa
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pip001
and just for those that are worrying about heathcare out there it is better than britain
I don't think anyone was worrying about it, but on what is your opinion based? Personal knowledge, hearsay, scientific fact? I don't know, I haven't tried the Spanish Health Service, but it seems to get good feedback, you might be right.
The "experts" that rate world hospitals though give UK eight in the top 100 in Europe and Spain gets one, Barcelona.
http://hospitals.webometrics.info/top500_europe.asp

Last edited by agoreira; Mar 22nd 2010 at 5:17 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

mine is based on part what i have heard about and the rest experience as was in motril hospital earler for treatment myself i would say though its easier if you can converse in spanish though
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

but what i would say is having been in hospital for over 2 months in the uh and one of them in intensive care and died fo 10 mins i cannot complain about the uk as they was good as well then another month in a care home learning to walk again
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

People can only form their opinions on the treatment they receive, and that can vary a great deal. Some will have had great service from both health services, and some bad, it can all depend on the hospital, the doctor, all manner of things really, we can only speak as we find. I was reading a blog by Spanish correspondent based in London, and she was not over happy with her experiences there, but someone, a Spanish lady, wrote in to describe her experience of the NHS (including cancer treatment) and she thought it was all brilliant. She wrote at length to praise everything about the service, even down to free taxi's to take her home from hospital!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

yes i have to agree the same the whole world over really
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
People can only form their opinions on the treatment they receive, and that can vary a great deal. Some will have had great service from both health services, and some bad, it can all depend on the hospital, the doctor, all manner of things really, we can only speak as we find. I was reading a blog by Spanish correspondent based in London, and she was not over happy with her experiences there, but someone, a Spanish lady, wrote in to describe her experience of the NHS (including cancer treatment) and she thought it was all brilliant. She wrote at length to praise everything about the service, even down to free taxi's to take her home from hospital!
Health systems have only been ranked once - and this was 10 years ago by the WHO. Spain and UK both did fairly well with Spain ranked 7th in the world and UK 18th.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:39 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.diariosur.es/v/20100322/m...-20100322.html

A horror story today, according to comments it is not the first time this has happened.

We are off-topic as usual but for what it's worth there are as many complaints in Spain as there are in the UK. It does depend on your experience. The CDS hospital is modern and inspires confidence, The ones in Málaga appear awful, Victorian like, dirt encrusted skirting boards etc. I was there a couple of years ago and there was a lock down as a Gypsy woman had died through negligence and the extended family was stoning the windows and attacking staff.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

i dont thimk we are of topic that far as all forums go off topic all the times, all i was saying was my findings as to the treatment i had reciveved and also info from a friend from the same hospital in motril, have had as good in uk as well but spain was better than i thought , but as they say differerent places not the same results . the old sayining of horses for courses springs to mind
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
http://www.diariosur.es/v/20100322/m...-20100322.html

A horror story today, according to comments it is not the first time this has happened.

We are off-topic as usual but for what it's worth there are as many complaints in Spain as there are in the UK. It does depend on your experience. The CDS hospital is modern and inspires confidence, The ones in Málaga appear awful, Victorian like, dirt encrusted skirting boards etc. I was there a couple of years ago and there was a lock down as a Gypsy woman had died through negligence and the extended family was stoning the windows and attacking staff.
You should of gone to Specsavers.

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 7:02 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I don't think anyone was worrying about it, but on what is your opinion based?
As I said my opinion is based on personal experience
[QUOTE=missile;8438250]I have had a spell in hospital in UK and in spain. I would suggest you should have no concern regarding the quality of healthcare in spain.[QUOTE
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 7:31 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pip001
i dont thimk we are of topic that far as all forums go off topic all the times, all i was saying was my findings as to the treatment i had reciveved and also info from a friend from the same hospital in motril, have had as good in uk as well but spain was better than i thought , but as they say differerent places not the same results . the old sayining of horses for courses springs to mind
Of course we are off topic aren't we discussing

CAN BUY A HOUSE FOR 70K IN SPAIN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.