Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

can I use an english notary???

can I use an english notary???

Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:01 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default can I use an english notary???

hi all, well, keep your fingers crossed for me but we may have sold our house (in spain).
Now i cannot make it out to the notary and want to give my partner the power of attorney so i dont have to go out to spain but..... can I use an english notary (one just up the road fm me) to do all the business for me.
Has anybody done this before, or will it complicate things and it might be better if I got off my fat a..e and went out to Spain and did it out there?
thanks for any replies, pat
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:04 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default Re: can I use an english notary???

by the way if anybody remembers "reg" who I bought back fm spain, here he is, he is enjoying his life by the sea and has lots of long walks every day on the beach
Attached Thumbnails can I use an english notary???-lovley-1-reg.jpg  
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:20 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

its okay everybody, just had a chat with my local notary and in all would cost me about £428 to have this done (to give power of attorney to my partner) aaaaargh, tooooooooooooooo much, methinks I will get myself on a cheap flight out to spain, thanks all anyway.pat
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
its okay everybody, just had a chat with my local notary and in all would cost me about £428 to have this done (to give power of attorney to my partner) aaaaargh, tooooooooooooooo much, methinks I will get myself on a cheap flight out to spain, thanks all anyway.pat
I think when we did the POA thing it cost about 100 quid, that was with a solicitor in Gandia (mind u that was a few years back)

didnt know there was an English notary ???? are they registered and above board ?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:31 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
I think when we did the POA thing it cost about 100 quid, that was with a solicitor in Gandia (mind u that was a few years back)

didnt know there was an English notary ???? are they registered and above board ?
I think she's trying to do it from UK hence the flight (from UK) to Spain
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
hi all, well, keep your fingers crossed for me but we may have sold our house (in spain).
Now i cannot make it out to the notary and want to give my partner the power of attorney so i dont have to go out to spain but..... can I use an english notary (one just up the road fm me) to do all the business for me.
Has anybody done this before, or will it complicate things and it might be better if I got off my fat a..e and went out to Spain and did it out there?
thanks for any replies, pat
When I bought my place 2 years ago I used an English Notary to give POA to my Spanish lawyer. It cost about £90.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:00 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

yep, the notary here in uk is spanish and they are charging £400 total, far tooooo much.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can no problems at all - some our clients do this regularly BUT as you have spotted quite often cheaper to jump on the plane yourself.

P.S. Just a thought we prepare the POA in English and Spanish and then send to a Notary in your nearest town - that somtimes works out slightly cheaper but then you have to include the cost of having it apostilled. All in all cheaper to get on the plan yourself

Last edited by SueG; Dec 1st 2009 at 4:13 pm.