Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can I Take my plants to spain?

Can I Take my plants to spain?

Old May 2nd 2018, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Pinkpoppymeg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I Take my plants to spain?

Thinking of moving to Spain but dont know if I can take my plants. Ive looked on the Defra website but its just about bringing plants into the UK Can anyone help please? xxx
Old May 2nd 2018, 9:05 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I Take my plants to spain?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 2nd 2018, 9:12 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

This might just help. all I did was to type your question into Yahoo and it came up with this.

https://www.spainbuddy.com/list-of-p...ng-into-spain/
Old May 2nd 2018, 9:13 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

With one or two obvious exceptions, if they start in the EU they can move freely round the EU. Importing into the EU from outside is very different.
Old May 2nd 2018, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Pinkpoppymeg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for that xx
Old May 2nd 2018, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, we take our plants on holiday with us. Last year we had a few small chilli plants in the back seats, by the time we came home we had enormous plants which looked uncannily like hemp plants. No one batted an eye.
Old May 3rd 2018, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkpoppymeg
Thinking of moving to Spain but dont know if I can take my plants. Ive looked on the Defra website but its just about bringing plants into the UK Can anyone help please? xxx
Depending on where you're going to live in Spain, you might consider buying seeds in the UK before you leave. In general I've found that UK seed quality is much better than here. And usually more choice.
Old May 3rd 2018, 8:07 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

It is surprising what people will take to foreign countries > https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp
Old May 3rd 2018, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
It is surprising what people will take to foreign countries > https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp
Wasn't there a thread on something similar a couple of years ago?

we are over in a couple of weeks and one hand luggage case is already full of stuff that my wife wants to bring over.

I understand loose leaf Yorkshire tea, but coat hangers and toilet paper!!!
Old May 3rd 2018, 8:44 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Wasn't there a thread on something similar a couple of years ago?

we are over in a couple of weeks and one hand luggage case is already full of stuff that my wife wants to bring over.

I understand loose leaf Yorkshire tea, but coat hangers and toilet paper!!!
Coat hangers and toilet are cheap as chips in Spain, and the TP is good quality, at least as good as in the UK.
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Coat hangers and toilet are cheap as chips in Spain, and the TP is good quality, at least as good as in the UK.
She doesn't do cheap coat hangers and is convinced Spanish toilet paper is inferior!
No wonder I call her Hyacinth!
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:20 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Does Hyacinth bring her own Bucket
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

I brought over an English climbing rose ,cut down of course,that I had lovingly tended in Devon.The only rose bushes I see here are in public spaces so get all the care needed so I had zero expectations for my little effort.However some 12 years later it is still OK although the blooms it produces are gone after 2 days,can't stand the heat on my roof terrace for too long despite my copious waterings.So go for it if you have something you want to remind you of your last home.
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't do cheap coat hangers and is convinced Spanish toilet paper is inferior!
Italian toilet paper is certainly inferior!
Old May 3rd 2018, 4:50 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you can buy plants mail order from the UK then clearly you can bring your own. I had 75 roses delivered a few years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.