Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can I pay for a Spanish house in ££££s

Can I pay for a Spanish house in ££££s

Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice
Default Can I pay for a Spanish house in ££££s

To save troubling the Banks and currency dealers.
If I was to but a house from a returning Brit, could the money stay in the UK?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I pay for a Spanish house in ££££s

Surely that would be down to the Brit you were buying the house from?!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

What about the small matter of paying for legal fees. Then don't forget the governments hand wanting greasing with tax via the notary office. It could be feasible to pay in sterling but the above will still need to be in euro's
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
What about the small matter of paying for legal fees. Then don't forget the governments hand wanting greasing with tax via the notary office. It could be feasible to pay in sterling but the above will still need to be in euro's
There was a thread on here where someone had done that and paid in both.
I think it still had to be put down in €`s for the paperwork though, but they did pay the seller in pounds.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmbo
To save troubling the Banks and currency dealers.
If I was to but a house from a returning Brit, could the money stay in the UK?
my friend did this recently, I dont know all the ins and outs but anything is possible - not sure how legal it is but if there is "black money" involved in the deal then likely that if the seller is returning to UK it would benefit them too
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
There was a thread on here where someone had done that and paid in both.
I think it still had to be put down in €`s for the paperwork though, but they did pay the seller in pounds.
we bought in sterling but it was all done in spain. Right amount of sterling into a bank account and enough into euro account to pay taxes and solicitor.