Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Old May 29th 2012, 1:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Mitzy, you obviously have a long association with Spain. Are you aware of any charity which helps the disabled, such as the one newlight appears to have found?
I've always assumed that one of the reasons extended families support each other so much in countries like Spain and Italy is because there is less welfare help than in the UK, but I'm wondering whether things have changed in recent years?
No I'm not Pol. My experience is that you either look after yourself in this country, or your family do it for you. Even when I went into hospital for my skull fracture, my wife slept beside the bed and helped with the food when it came. The guy in the bed next to me actually died just before I left, but his family was there all the time for 5 days looking after him

Family is a big thing in Spain, and they more often than not look after their own
Old May 29th 2012, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Newlight I fear it is time to either put up or shut up now, either provide the information you say you have that may assist other disabled people or I suggest say your goodbys to this forum.
Old May 29th 2012, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

newlight1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Newlight I fear it is time to either put up or shut up now, either provide the information you say you have that may assist other disabled people or I suggest say your goodbys to this forum.
I don't feel obligated to give you something when you make a comment like that and nor should anyone else. You no not speak to someway this way, learn some manors!!
Old May 29th 2012, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

OK I will then say my good byes
Old May 29th 2012, 2:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Newlight, you opened the thread with a good question, and unfortunately you have forced me to close it because of your final comments

Clearly if you had the link, then you would share it to help all, as others have (believe it or not) tried to help you

Shame really ..............