Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Old May 29th 2012, 12:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Originally Posted by newlight1

I have found a Charity that offers supported housing for the disabled in Spain which any EU Resident is eligible for providing the relevant evidence of disability is provided, not sure where the funding comes from, think its the EU Disability Action Group maybe.
Please could you post the name and contact details of this charity for the benefit of the disabled already posting on this site, as well as any future posters.

With regard to some of the comments you've received, both on this thread and others you've started, most of them have been as helpful as is possible. Others have queried your statements as they have 'appeared' to change depending on which thread you have posted on.

We don't know you. We don't know your girlfriend. What we do know is that a lot of people, both male and female, build online relationships with British people with an aim to gaining a visa for Britain. Whether that is the case with you is neither here nor there frankly, people are simply pointing out that with your circumstances, you are going to struggle very very hard to have any sort of permanent relationship with your girlfriend unless you are able to move to Albania. Those are the facts, like them or not.

Sorry. I sincerely hope you are able to find a solution for your problems but abusing people who haven't been given the full facts but who are attempting to support you in their own way, is not the way to find that solution.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

newlight1 is an unknown quantity at this point

You ask questions, people give their time to reply, you don't like the answers so get aggressive.
I ask questions, people give RUDE replies!
Old May 29th 2012, 12:33 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Guy !!
lets not start throwing our toys out of the pram at people

I made a middle of the road statement telling you how it is in Spain, to which you responded with......

Domino, yes and thats the information that I needed to know, the reality no matter how unfair it is.

The reality is, I as a disabled person could NOT live in Spain as there would not be the help I would require in Spain as unfair as this maybe that there is just simply not the support needed in Spain for me, like here where there is the supported housing, carer assistance etc.
lets not get away from the fact that during this thread you have changed sides more times than Tony Bliar, but as I have been helpful to you I look forward to receiving from you by PM the information you have so graciously offered.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:37 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

I ask questions, people give RUDE replies!
Always remember that its not what you ask, but how you ask it !
Old May 29th 2012, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Some people here have been lovely. But some very rude while I was being polite. Here are some of the rude things people have said to me on this thread.

The UK has one of the most generous benefit systems in Europe, is that why your lady friend wants to be with you here?

your being a bit cheeky expecting us too pay for you AND her.

Ah got it !, go and live in Albania

Then jackytoo laughing!!

your asking for some of the tax I pay to support you and a gal in the Sun, blooming cheeky.

or is it just a UK passport she,s after..

support for your wild ideas.

After this quickie marriage of convenience (or should that be connivance?) would she be looking for an even quicker divorce?

Will she still want you though if there is no visa

Or are you too mean spirited to share your good fortune?
Old May 29th 2012, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

I look forward to receiving from you by PM the information you have so graciously offered.
There is no need to be so sarcastic.

making false statements and posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members
I dont appreciate being told that is my motivation when I know its not.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:52 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

this is my Bannatyne moment....
I am out of here!!

I trust that with a mod monitoring the goings on here that this thread will be closed down

Buenos noches
Old May 29th 2012, 12:53 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't being rude when I asked "Will she still want you though if there is no visa?" I was trying to be helpful, giving you food for thought. If I were in your position and some Albanian guy wanted to live with or marry me it would be the first thing I would think.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Jacky, but imagine if you had a partner from another country who you loved and I said Will she still want you though if there is no visa you would be offended wouldnt you. Its like people have the opinion that just because someone is not from the first world country they just want a visa. Yes, some do sadly but I think they are in the minority or maybe I am wrong and I just have a too good of a view of Humanity and no one would want to use someone just to get a visa. That thought is repulsive to me that anyone deceive someone who is vulnerable and take advantage of them when that person loves them with everything they have and break their heart.

Last edited by newlight1; May 29th 2012 at 1:00 pm.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Please don't bother copying and pasting posts, we can read them for ourselves.
Why are you so rude? I was responding to a post and thats what the quote button is for.
You suggested copying and pasting the posts to the Mods. I merely said don't bother, we can read them for ourselves.

Seriously, if you think that's rude you should try a few of the other forums on BE.......
Old May 29th 2012, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Seriously, if you think that's rude you should try a few of the other forums on BE.......
Really, well I dont think its right to be rude to people ever personally.
Old May 29th 2012, 1:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Newlight, I'm stepping in now, and not being rude
You may discuss the subject you started if you wish, although you already decided way back that you couldnt move to Spain

However, lets call a stop to the argument and discussion as to who said what, when to who and why! It's pointless, eh?

And can I just remind people again, its the mods and admin who decide who is a troll and who isn't. If you have a problem then report the post but please dont incite things by declaring it on the forums

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 29th 2012 at 1:21 pm.
Old May 29th 2012, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Here here to that Mitzy imho time for this thread to be closed
Old May 29th 2012, 1:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Newlight, I'm stepping in now, and not being rude
You may discuss the subject you started if you wish, although you already decided way back that you couldnt move to Spain

However, lets call a stop to the argument and discussion as to who said what, when to who and why! It's pointless, eh?

And can I just remind people again, its the mods and admin who decide who is a troll and who isn't. If you have a problem then report the post but please dont incite things by declaring it on the forums
Mitzy, you obviously have a long association with Spain. Are you aware of any charity which helps the disabled, such as the one newlight appears to have found?
I've always assumed that one of the reasons extended families support each other so much in countries like Spain and Italy is because there is less welfare help than in the UK, but I'm wondering whether things have changed in recent years?
Old May 29th 2012, 1:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Im waiting for the precious charity link to be divulged, otherwise so be it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.