Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Old May 28th 2012, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

newlight1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Not sure why you keep talking about someone I have never met, the woman I love I have met and spent time with in person. Anyhow.

I have found a Charity that offers supported housing for the disabled in Spain which any EU Resident is eligible for providing the relevant evidence of disability is provided, not sure where the funding comes from, think its the EU Disability Action Group maybe.

Thanks for all your help, you have all been so kind and supportive.

Last edited by newlight1; May 28th 2012 at 2:31 am.
Old May 28th 2012, 2:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

That's good all you need to sort out now is your love life good luck.
Old May 28th 2012, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Bob, appreciate it.
Old May 28th 2012, 2:48 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

The wonder of BE strikes again

let us all know how things work out and where you are, I am sure if conditions were better in Spain there would be more disabled people - and that wouldnt just be pure physical living in a wheelchair, there are other disabilities as well that sometimes cannot be seen

rgds
Old May 28th 2012, 3:54 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newlight1
Not sure why you keep talking about someone I have never met, the woman I love I have met and spent time with in person. Anyhow.

I have found a Charity that offers supported housing for the disabled in Spain which any EU Resident is eligible for providing the relevant evidence of disability is provided, not sure where the funding comes from, think its the EU Disability Action Group maybe.

Would you put the Charity email adress on here as i could use it for myself as im Disabled..
Old May 28th 2012, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Probably based on your post in the British forum in March 2012 where you stated that you had not yet met, she and her sister had been refused visitor visas to the UK and that you had little money, no savings and could not work because of disability. You also stated that your disabilities meant that you could not travel.

Call me a cynic.
Old May 28th 2012, 9:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

That kind of information could be very valuable to other disabled people - can you please share the details with the forum? You found BE when you wanted help, others may do the same and you could have just the info they are looking for
Old May 28th 2012, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon newlight give us the details of this charity
Old May 28th 2012, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Are you all for real!!! That was an oxymoron about how you were all so helpful and friendly!! All I wanted to know is if there was a Charity or something that offered help with accomodation for a disabled person living in another EU State, my partner would work and not take any money from anyone. Now you want information that I have found after most of you have been extremely rude, unhelpful, insulting - even insinuating my partner just wanted a UK Visa!! Unbelievable!!!

Last edited by newlight1; May 28th 2012 at 11:35 pm.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:04 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Are you all for real!!! That was an oxymoron about how you were all so helpful and friendly!! All I wanted to know is if there was a Charity or something that offered help with accomodation for a disabled person living in another EU State, my partner would work and not take any money from anyone. Now you want information that I have found after most of you have been extremely rude, unhelpful, insulting - even insinuating my partner just wanted a UK Visa!! Unbelievable!!!
If you take the trouble to go back and read your posts in the UK forum as well as here you will seen that actually a lot of posters have given you relevant information, it may not be the information you wanted, but thats because what you were seeking isn't possible. There is no welfare state provision to help you and your new partner live in Spain.

However, don't you think that as you have found an answer to your problem it would be only fair to post it so that when the next disabled person wishing to move to Spain happens across the forum they can benefit from your research? That's how discussion forums work - by sharing information. Or are you too mean spirited to share your good fortune?
Old May 29th 2012, 12:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

and you came on here to gain free information from the kindly people of BE, some of whom have had other contact with you - where you have told a different story about many things.

probably none of us here, for our self protection, tell 100% the truth, but it would appear that for most the stories are the same giving a consistancy. And yet in this post you have started telling another different story to that already posted on this thread.

regrettably you have led people here up the garden path about most things and I firmly believe that you do not have any contact with a Disabled Charity, although you have put up the hopes of not only those posting here but also the many many people who just look in but don't take part.
If I am wrong I would like you to be honest and post the truthful details to assist people in the same, or worse, situation as yourself, people who through no fault of their own are in need of help and support.

As I don't think you will fess up I therefore must report you under article 4 of the Site Rules for trolling, making false statements and posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members.

Old May 29th 2012, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

making false statements and posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members.
Yes and I can do the same with all of the rude and upsetting comments made by others here too. I could copy and paste them to the moderator no problem.

making false statements and posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members
I have not done this at all.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:17 am
Home and Happy

Yes and I can do the same with all of the rude and upsetting comments made by others here too. I could copy and paste them to the moderator no problem.

I have not done this at all.
Please don't bother copying and pasting posts, we can read them for ourselves. However if you feel any are offensive, feel free to report them - thats the blue button with an exclamation mark on it.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Plese don't bother copying and pasting posts, we can read them for ourselves.
Why are you so rude? I was responding to a post and thats what the quote button is for.

However if you feel any are offensive, feel free to report them - thats the blue button with an exclamation mark on it.
I will.

Or are you too mean spirited to share your good fortune?
Why would I post to people who have not helped me and just been rude. I will share this information with people who have not been rude to me.

Last edited by newlight1; May 29th 2012 at 12:21 am.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

You ask questions, people give their time to reply, you don't like the answers so get aggressive.

Mods - time to call a halt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.