Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Old May 27th 2012, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I as a disabled person live in Spain?

Originally Posted by newlight1
Yes this is true. All I want is to be with the woman I love. Just trying to find a way to make that happen is all without having to get help from anyone.
? Your asking for help, your asking for some of the tax I pay to support you and a gal in the Sun, blooming cheeky.

I had one grand father killed in WW1 and one wounded and I'm proud of them both and what they fought for but I'm pretty sure they would be a tad miffed if they saw the way the system was being abused today.

I've no problem at all chipping into the pot for you and other disabled but I do object to funding another economic migrant. Ask her to train for a job which will let her come to the UK, she can then move here, marry you, help support you from her pay and take you off to the sunshine on holiday; problem solved.
Old May 27th 2012, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

newlight1 is an unknown quantity at this point

No I am not asking for you to pay for anything at all, she will work and is prepared too and is a HARD worker and will contribute alot to the UK or the EU hence not claming anything and I even I will claim my Contribution based ESA which I have paid for by my taxes when I was able to work. We don't care where it is so long as I have access to Medical Care, a place in the sun whatever, just want to be together, will live in France, Germany, Alaska, Norway don't care so long as we are together, Spain was just the obvious option as shes Fluent in Spanish!

Last edited by newlight1; May 27th 2012 at 2:01 pm.
Old May 27th 2012, 3:16 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

I was only asking exactly. There is no harm in that. I have spent time in person with her who happens to be from Albania. My Grandfather fought in world war two for this country so you and I can have the freedom to have a partner and someone to love, and fought against Hitlers treatment of disabled people as well as other minorities. Just think of it as it is, how would you like it if you worked hard for a long time in the most awful demeaning jobs, sometimes for 7 days a week with a disability even, most times in a lot of pain until you can no longer work due to the disability controlling your whole life, then you happen to fall in love with someone who happens to be from another piece of land you are from and you are told by your government that your Grandfather fought for, the government you worked hard for and paid your taxes too that you can not be with the Woman you love and you can not live in another EU Country as you can not work and earn money and her country has none of the medical care that I need so you are in a position where you can not be with the person you love. I don't expect anything from anyone and she also knows this and is prepared to work wherever we lived. Honestly, Im not implying to anyone here but some people hear my difficulty and have zero compassion and just have an attitude like so what.

I have been offered sheltered accommodation here in this country and supported housing in this country. I was just asking to see if there was any possible option, which I can see now there isn't.
Sorry but your Grandfather like millions of others simply did what they were told to do & not to do so was often worse than going along with the flow.
Old May 27th 2012, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
Sorry but your Grandfather like millions of others simply did what they were told to do & not to do so was often worse than going along with the flow.
yep just like mine and my father. we are the lucky ones, I think. don´t understand whu people always think Spain is the land of milk and honey, ok for those of us that dont have to work.
Old May 27th 2012, 7:43 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Simple ..you go to her country and marry her..then you bring her to UK as your wife.. get her work..save up and then move to the sun when you have enough money...or is it just a UK passport she,s after..
Old May 27th 2012, 7:46 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Basically I get my Employment And Support allowance which is £105 per week and thats all. Do you think that would be enough? How would I afford rent? I dont really have any savings?

Would my ESA be proof of Income?
If you rent out your house .you should have enough to live on in Spain..
Old May 27th 2012, 8:19 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
If you rent out your house .you should have enough to live on in Spain..
What house?
Old May 28th 2012, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

No I am not asking for you to pay for anything at all, she will work and is prepared too and is a HARD worker and will contribute alot to the UK or the EU hence not claming anything and I even I will claim my Contribution based ESA which I have paid for by my taxes when I was able to work. We don't care where it is so long as I have access to Medical Care, a place in the sun whatever, just want to be together, will live in France, Germany, Alaska, Norway don't care so long as we are together, Spain was just the obvious option as shes Fluent in Spanish!
The last time you posted about this 'girlfriend' of yours on another forum, you had not even met her! You 'met' her on the internet! She is Albanian.

You had the other responders going on that forum too because you were talking about getting a fiancee visa/marriage visa for this girl, and probably having your retired parent to sponsor the deal, since you are living on benefits. However neither you nor she has any money even for the necessary visas.

You really do have a nerve asking about whether another EU country will provide the necessary money and support for your wild ideas.
Old May 28th 2012, 5:04 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Simple ..you go to her country and marry her..then you bring her to UK as your wife.. get her work..save up and then move to the sun when you have enough money...or is it just a UK passport she,s after..
actually it's not that simple

for him to take his wife (if he married her) to the UK he would need proof that he can support her financially, without her being a 'burden on the state' ........amongst other requirements

I've read that the financial income requirements are something like 25,000 GBP a year (or are about to be)

in many cases it's actually easier for a UK citizen to bring a non-EU spouse to Spain or another EU country

certainly the financial requirements for Spain (when they become clear) are probably less than for the UK ........ was it something like 430€ pp per month? + healthcare, say 200 as a highish figure - so for a couple that's 1060€ a month - around half the UK requirement

and before last month, there wasn't even that requirement - as an EU citizen, he could just bring his wife here & apply for residency for her as his spouse

Last edited by lynnxa; May 28th 2012 at 5:28 am.
Old May 28th 2012, 6:42 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

Dead simple ...sneak her into UK in the boot of your car and the two of you have a happy life.. why are you asking this on other threads as some members have seen it.. As her country is cheap to live in see how much you need to live on.. True love just need a tent..
Old May 28th 2012, 7:54 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

this is all a good example of how Britons have been brought up by The State, their lives paid for by The State

people now expect to be able to go to any country in the world , taking their ESA, DLA, HB, CTB and all the other TLA's as well any other benefits they think they may be entitled to, all paid for by The State

I am surprised the Tesco and Iceland home delivery bills are not also met by The State.

Is it small wonder that the UK is in The State it is in ??

And look out it it not just the Greeks not bringing gifts.
All of the citizens of the EU are flocking to the UK to get the benefits denied to them (and better) than they would get at home.
They can even get child benefit for children not even living in the UK.

in the meantime the UK's pensioners are left to fester on a pittance in conditions that would have all the fluffy bunnies in the Howard League running around in circles complaining like hell if poor prison inmates had to endure such conditions.

Lets go back a few decades, ditch the term United Kingdom and bring back Great Britain - and mean it.
Old May 28th 2012, 10:38 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO it is a good thing the government have rules to prevent Albanian rent a brides from getting into the UK. Call me a cynic, but I wonder how £much he has sent to her already? After this quickie marriage of convenience (or should that be connivance?) would she be looking for an even quicker divorce?
Old May 28th 2012, 11:08 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
IMHO it is a good thing the government have rules to prevent Albanian rent a brides from getting into the UK. Call me a cynic, but I wonder how £much he has sent to her already? After this quickie marriage of convenience (or should that be connivance?) would she be looking for an even quicker divorce?
Cynic or not it is a fact of life that some people are not very honest and this can lead to a lot of hurt. I know a Spanish man who fell for a Russian lady over the internet and all she seemed to be interested in was how much he was earning and what his financial status was.

Rosemary
Old May 28th 2012, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The last time you posted about this 'girlfriend' of yours on another forum, you had not even met her! You 'met' her on the internet! She is Albanian.

You had the other responders going on that forum too because you were talking about getting a fiancee visa/marriage visa for this girl, and probably having your retired parent to sponsor the deal, since you are living on benefits. However neither you nor she has any money even for the necessary visas.

You really do have a nerve asking about whether another EU country will provide the necessary money and support for your wild ideas.
Just want to be with the woman I love, don't want any money from any government, not a penny. Not from the UK government that I worked and paid my taxes to. Due to being disabled I may need a little extra help though but that is just until we are able to get on our feet. Not much to ask for is it.
Just came here to ask for a little friendly advice but what I have got from most people is certainly not that. Just because a disabled person wants to be with the woman he loves and is finding it difficult due to the UKs governments financial requirements, should he just give up? Are there any other minorities that some of you dont like?

Last edited by newlight1; May 28th 2012 at 11:29 am.
Old May 28th 2012, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnxa
actually it's not that simple

for him to take his wife (if he married her) to the UK he would need proof that he can support her financially, without her being a 'burden on the state' ........amongst other requirements

I've read that the financial income requirements are something like 25,000 GBP a year (or are about to be)

in many cases it's actually easier for a UK citizen to bring a non-EU spouse to Spain or another EU country

certainly the financial requirements for Spain (when they become clear) are probably less than for the UK ........ was it something like 430€ pp per month? + healthcare, say 200 as a highish figure - so for a couple that's 1060€ a month - around half the UK requirement

and before last month, there wasn't even that requirement - as an EU citizen, he could just bring his wife here & apply for residency for her as his spouse
That is exactly true and the very reason we were looking to go to SPain, not that we want too at all, but its or only option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.