Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can an Aussie retire to Spain

Can an Aussie retire to Spain

Old Oct 1st 2008, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

winterb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can an Aussie retire to Spain

I have an Australian passport and wish to retire to Spain. Can I get residencia and health care.
Thanks S
Old Oct 1st 2008, 6:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can an Aussie retire to Spain

Originally Posted by winterb
I have an Australian passport and wish to retire to Spain. Can I get residencia and health care.
Thanks S
As a non EU citizen you will probable need visas for entry and also private health insurance.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:18 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winterb
Thanks S
Out of interest which part of Spain are you thinking of?
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:38 am
Just Joined

winterb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
As a non EU citizen you will probable need visas for entry and also private health insurance.
Thanks that is what I had suspected. Many thanks for info.

S
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:05 am
Just Joined

parispete is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Can an Aussie retire to Spain

As another Aussie who has already bought a flat in Spain and also opened a bank account with a substantial imported deposit, I thought a longstay visa ought to be a breeze. I also speak the language.
But here I am, more than A YEAR after lodging my application with the Spanish Consulate in Sydney with bugger all. Have they lost my dossier? Do I need to kiss or kick someone's backside? Should I dump dollars in someone's back pocket?
I keep sending the Spanish Consulate ever more evidence of my financial wellbeing, but still not a peep out of them. My advice is be bloody careful and go through an immigration consultant, if you can find an honest one.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:58 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by parispete
As another Aussie who has already bought a flat in Spain and also opened a bank account with a substantial imported deposit, I thought a longstay visa ought to be a breeze. I also speak the language.
But here I am, more than A YEAR after lodging my application with the Spanish Consulate in Sydney with bugger all. Have they lost my dossier? Do I need to kiss or kick someone's backside? Should I dump dollars in someone's back pocket?
I keep sending the Spanish Consulate ever more evidence of my financial wellbeing, but still not a peep out of them. My advice is be bloody careful and go through an immigration consultant, if you can find an honest one.

Maybe it was the passport photo you sent the Embassy......

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:58 am
Just Joined

parispete is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Can an Aussie retire to Spain

You might have something there. If only I had his fine head of hair - and those great teeth !!