Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can anyone really sound that bad?

Can anyone really sound that bad?

Old Apr 13th 2010, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all
Default Can anyone really sound that bad?

Having endured yet more serial Spanglish radio adverts this morning courtesy of Home English and CCC 'inglés con mis palabras' where clearly fluent speakers do a false English accent in the hope to sell more courses...

I have to ask whether the Spanish really do think we talk like that?

I know it's hard to lose the accent from whereever you come from, but really!!

Last edited by carter71; Apr 13th 2010 at 10:30 am.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone really sound that bad?

Originally Posted by carter71
Having endured yet more serial Spanglish radio adverts this morning courtesy of Home English and CCC 'inglés con mis palabras' where clearly fluent speakers do a false English accent in the hope to sell more courses...

Yes I've heard them and they are terrible. But it wont make any difference, they are selling courses to people who dont know any English, so they cant tell!

Many language courses, especially those studied at home are selling a dream more then anything else. You really think Home English is going to help any Spaniard get a better job..course not!

Same with those tapes you can buy and the hundred essential word things. The most they'll do is help you order a taxi or another beer at the bar.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can anyone really sound that bad?

Originally Posted by carter71

The 'inglés con mil palabras' advert is one of the cringiest I have heard.

Thankfully Mr. Mauer (or however you spell his surname) ISN'T British, he's Swiss. I make a point of telling that to people every time they see fit to mention his 'English' accent.