Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can anybody recommend car hire at Malaga airport

Can anybody recommend car hire at Malaga airport

Old Aug 8th 2013, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can anybody recommend car hire at Malaga airport

My family are coming to visit and want to hire a car at Malaga airport.. We have heard about the car hire company's rip off charges for petrol and not giving you the choice of bring the car back full of fuel, can anybody recommend a car hire company at the airport terminal that doesn't do this?

Thank you in advance .
Old Aug 8th 2013, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice
Default Re: Can anybody recommend car hire at Malaga airport

Try Malaga car hire. they were very good the last time I used them in April.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I've been hiring cars from Málaga airport for over 25 years, never been without a hire car, so have tried a lot of them. For many years now I have used Cargest (not to be confused with Carjet! Two very different companies!) No fuel rip off charge, it's usually a quarter/half full, bring it back the same. Last year, for the first time ever I took a car back quite badly damaged, they never turned a hair, I was on my way in 5 minutes. They meet you outside the airport and take you to their base less than 5 minutes away. Nice people to deal with, all very pleasant, always give me a free upgrade.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Just don't go for the cheapest hire company.

G**d Car are one of the "cheapest", and therefore most popular, meaning the queue for their desk at Malaga airport can literally add a couple of hours to your journey.
They also have a reputation for adding extra insurance charges and claiming that you must accept them or go elsewhere, making them not quite so cheap in the end.

Most of the cheaper hire companies also have huge stickers on their cars stating their company name. This just advertises to all and sundry that you are a rich tourist and a target for supermarket car-park theft.

Suggest you remove the sticker at the earliest convenience.
Old Aug 9th 2013, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates View Post

G**d Car are one of the "cheapest", and therefore most popular, meaning the queue for their desk at Malaga airport can literally add a couple of hours to your journey.
They also have a reputation for adding extra insurance charges and claiming that you must accept them or go elsewhere, making them not quite so cheap in the end.

Most of the cheaper hire companies also have huge stickers on their cars stating their company name. This just advertises to all and sundry that you are a rich tourist and a target for supermarket car-park theft.

Years ago we used to used Carjet, or whoever they allocated you with, and after waiting 45 minutes a few times, and well over an hour the last time, that was it for me. Never again. I always have my own annual insurance(around £45) to cover the extra insurance, Cargest are fine with that. As for stickers, yes it happens and can't really blame them for that, but despite removing mine and leaving a copy of El Pais on the back seat, and nothing else in the car, it still got broken into twice!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billgates View Post

None of them offer value if they price fix, Goldcar just been slapped with a 15mil fine, and rightfully so,

I like Goldcar but I know others that dont, I always remove any stickers before I drive it out

http://www.costa-news.com/latest-new...r-price-fixing

Last edited by andyrich666; Aug 9th 2013 at 11:44 am. Reason: missing hyperlink
Old Aug 12th 2013, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

I normally try to spend my money with small enterprises but many of the smaller Spanish car hire companies are out and out crooks so I now use the well known international brands ,

Have a browse through this thread...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=770832