Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Camino de Santiago?

Camino de Santiago?

Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

anthony32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Camino de Santiago?

Try www.bahialaxe.com its a Hostal the owner also has many houses/flats for rent.

He speaks good english and if he is stuck I know doubt you will be speaking to my Mum!

Laxe is awesome village in July and August lots of Fiestas and Jazz Festivals. In Late August there is a Surf Competition in Soesto lots of people come to compete from all over EU and Auz and NZ.

If your stuck more let me know as there is plenty other areas..

Regards

Anthony
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Camino de Santiago?

Originally Posted by anthony32
...Surf Competition in Soesto lots of people come to compete from all over EU and Auz and NZ.
Australians!

Thanks for the warning. Guess it's only a couple of weeks? I can handle that.

I'm still in Santiago, still trying to cope with the rain. Thanks for the link, but I have had enough of paying tourist rates for holiday accommodation. I'm looking to live there for a year at least.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

anthony32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Camino de Santiago?

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer
Australians!

Thanks for the warning. Guess it's only a couple of weeks? I can handle that.

I'm still in Santiago, still trying to cope with the rain. Thanks for the link, but I have had enough of paying tourist rates for holiday accommodation. I'm looking to live there for a year at least.
Hi

It wont be tourist rate... as if you came to Laxe and went to the 2 Agencies here he is renting them out for around 300 euros a month !

Only in July August and September The rates are some what over RATED!!! Well that was until the new Law was put in place last year from the Junta of Galicia Were all Landlords have to pay Tax on there rent (Hence now for there Low Prices) however La Coruna has maintained the highest rent level in Galicia.

Good luck!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 5:33 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Rain? We have not had any for days now, in fact I have been up on the rood for the past 3 days repairing the mistakes the so called professional builders made when the house was restored.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Rain? We have not had any for days now, in fact I have been up on the rood for the past 3 days repairing the mistakes the so called professional builders made when the house was restored.
To be fair (to Galicia, and its reputation for being so wet) I did have 2 days without rain before this evening.

You think Policia Local will let me sketch on the rood? Are there many punters there?

It's not so much Galicia as Santiago. I'll post a link to very explanatory weather map thing another time that someone pointed out to me on another forum.

All said, even in the sunshine, I am failing miserably here. I have to move on!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:33 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I open my mouth too soon I saw the weather forecast on TVG and they forecast wind rain and even thunderstorms for this part of Logo.
Still at least it will test my work on the roof.
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the locla police. There ar plenty of street performers or buskers in SdC . Personally I wish they would move on the Black jazz man who whatever he is called.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I open my mouth too soon I saw the weather forecast on TVG and they forecast wind rain and even thunderstorms for this part of Logo.
Still at least it will test my work on the roof.
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the locla police. There ar plenty of street performers or buskers in SdC . Personally I wish they would move on the Black jazz man who whatever he is called.
Still raining here.

The Jazz Man is actually a really nice guy - worth a chat. The only people actually making money on the streets ATM are the opera guys. They sing most evenings during weekends and are very good. When you see talent like that having to work the streets alongside yourself, you realise just how undervalued art is.

Personally, I am finding sales tougher than ever. The weather (and Policia Local) isn't helping, but I suspect that isn't the only factor.

On the Policia Local front; you have to obtain permission for 'street art activities' 2 weeks in advance. Or, rather, you have to apply for permission. Get forms. Fill forms. Provide ID and stuff. Get forms stamped. Go to Department of Traffic to see if they will authorise it. Then hope the rain stays away for the day you booked at least 2 weeks in advance.

For selling sketches on the street it's a bit more complicated. I need to sort that out for the summer.

Much as I like this city, I am not having fun here. Difficult times. Very difficult!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

1 month in Santiago now and just 4 days with no rain!

Big map with small blobs, but the dark green bit in NW Spain is much wetter than anywhere in England. Only NW Wales and 'the plughole of the UK' - Dumfries comes close. Possibly beats actually. But, Galicia is undoubtedly wet and it does indeed rain 'all of the time' compared to most of Spain.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer
1 month in Santiago now and just 4 days with no rain!

http://www.climate-charts.com/images...infall-map.png

Big map with small blobs, but the dark green bit in NW Spain is much wetter than anywhere in England. Only NW Wales and 'the plughole of the UK' - Dumfries comes close. Possibly beats actually. But, Galicia is undoubtedly wet and it does indeed rain 'all of the time' compared to most of Spain.
I think we live in a different Galicia, but "they" do say that the North west of Galicia is quite wet.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think we live in a different Galicia, but "they" do say that the North west of Galicia is quite wet.
'Quite'?

It's ****ing well soaking all of the time.

You only have to look at the front of the cathedral here. It's green. Not stone coloured, but the colour of vegetation!

The forecast looked good for today, but no - still raining. Worse than Wales here. Greener and prettier, but worse from my point of view.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 6:37 pm

Default Caught laying down on the job

http://www.galiciaenfotos.com/the-lost-photographer/
Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Caught laying down on the job

Not a very elegant style I have is it!

I'm all over the web like a bad rash these days.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 3:10 pm

Some of our guests have spotted you. But why are you working in all the dust and noise of the repairs?

And they ask is the guy with sun glass your bodyguard?
Attached Thumbnails Camino de Santiago?-lostp-1.gif   Camino de Santiago?-lostp-2.gif   Camino de Santiago?-lostp-3.gif  
Old Mar 14th 2010, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Some of our guests have spotted you. But why are you working in all the dust and noise of the repairs?

And they ask is the guy with sun glass your bodyguard?

I'm even on a 24 hour web cam! Or, was. About to take a bus from Santiago and head towards Seville and Granada to dig into savings. Sigh. Huge sigh. Santiago just didn't click for me this time. Good people. Free quality meals (visitors should check-out La Crepe in Praza Quintana if they like all the focus on their food and good service - quality stuff at a very good price). My very own body guard, and a week of glorious weather, but alas - no cash. Some illness. And, a horrible day of blindness due to a reaction to a full-on facial attack from bed bugs. Tired. Need a break!

Desperately want to kick-start my next project also. So, onwards and upwards via Seville and Granada.

Most probably back in Santiago for most summer weekends. When the sun shines on Sunday it is a very lucrative place to work.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:14 pm

It sounds as if you have been having a tough time recently. So I hope your time in the south goes better for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.