Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

buying a new car

buying a new car

Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice
Default buying a new car

When looking at prices for new cars in ads, are there any hidden charges not mentioned, that are automatically accepted as normal by Spaniards, also having seen various comments on car buying it seems that buying on credit is done in almost all cases, and over quite a long period in comparison to the U.K., so, does paying cash get a good discount from dealers, or do they try to do the hard sell and push credit schemes ?.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: buying a new car

Originally Posted by jonsol
When looking at prices for new cars in ads, are there any hidden charges not mentioned, that are automatically accepted as normal by Spaniards, also having seen various comments on car buying it seems that buying on credit is done in almost all cases, and over quite a long period in comparison to the U.K., so, does paying cash get a good discount from dealers, or do they try to do the hard sell and push credit schemes ?.
Having bought a new car from a dealership in Malaga, and 2 new scooters from local dealers in Coin,I found that there was very little room for negotiation on the price. It seems that there isn't the competition amongst dealers as in the UK and you have to pay the R.R.P as established by the manufacturers. The only 'deals' I got was with accessories and window tinting etc. Whatever dealership/bike shop I went to they all referred to the same price list as issued by the manufacturers.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by malagaman
Having bought a new car from a dealership in Malaga, and 2 new scooters from local dealers in Coin,I found that there was very little room for negotiation on the price. It seems that there isn't the competition amongst dealers as in the UK and you have to pay the R.R.P as established by the manufacturers. The only 'deals' I got was with accessories and window tinting etc. Whatever dealership/bike shop I went to they all referred to the same price list as issued by the manufacturers.
Sorry I forgot to mention that all my purchases were in cash which still didn't sway them!!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:56 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

The only deals I have seen are on last years stuff that they hadn`t sold yet, to make room for the new stuff.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
The only deals I have seen are on last years stuff that they hadn`t sold yet, to make room for the new stuff.
O.K., Thanks for that,
John