British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Buying a motor home in Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/buying-motor-home-spain-710330/)

eslebespanien Mar 22nd 2011 11:32 am

Buying a motor home in Spain

Hi, I'm looking to buy a relatively cheap motor home in Spain in the Malaga area (I could travel to Cadiz, Sevilla, etc if required).

Has anyone had any experience with this? What is the best approach? 2nd hand websites, any showrooms in the area, importing from UK, Germany, France, etc.

Any help gratefully appreciated

twistedmelon Mar 22nd 2011 11:46 am

Re: Buying a motor home in Spain

Originally Posted by eslebespanien (Post 9256345)
Hi, I'm looking to buy a relatively cheap motor home in Spain in the Malaga area (I could travel to Cadiz, Sevilla, etc if required).

Has anyone had any experience with this? What is the best approach? 2nd hand websites, any showrooms in the area, importing from UK, Germany, France, etc.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Try milanuncios website. Seen plenty in the Malaga area, mostly dealers I think.
Warning. There is no such thing as a cheap motorhome especially here in Spain.

adra04778 Mar 22nd 2011 12:14 pm

www.segundamano.es is another website, I buy one from a forum, try posting a wanted add on various forums, but as the past poster said, they don't come cheap,but you could probably buy a uk plated one cheaper, but if you are living here all the time then its false economy as you would have to rematiculte it.

betris Mar 22nd 2011 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by twistedmelon (Post 9256369)
Try milanuncios website. Seen plenty in the Malaga area, mostly dealers I think.
Warning. There is no such thing as a cheap motorhome especially here in Spain.

how about a 33ft winne vgc.gas.petrol.uk plated

billymacker Mar 23rd 2011 3:35 am

Originally Posted by betris (Post 9257280)

price and year?

eslebespanien Mar 23rd 2011 10:35 am

Originally Posted by billymacker (Post 9258207)
price and year?

Do you have any pics? What area are you in?

twistedmelon Mar 23rd 2011 11:02 am

Originally Posted by betris (Post 9257280)

I apologise, that should be cheap......to buy.;)

mikelincs Mar 23rd 2011 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by billymacker (Post 9258207)
price and year?

Please see the thread about matriculatimg a UK motorhome, unless, of course, you are planning to run it illegally..

betris Mar 23rd 2011 7:09 pm

ref winne,pm me and you can have the guys tel number.

billymacker Mar 24th 2011 4:32 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 9259527)
Please see the thread about matriculatimg a UK motorhome, unless, of course, you are planning to run it illegally..

not interested in matriculating it. but i will run it legally

mikelincs Mar 24th 2011 8:55 am

Originally Posted by billymacker (Post 9260991)
not interested in matriculating it. but i will run it legally

If you live in Spain, then it must be matriculated to run it legally.. please see the plethora of other threads about illegal UK plated cars etc. in Spain.

billymacker Mar 24th 2011 9:28 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 9261327)
If you live in Spain, then it must be matriculated to run it legally.. please see the plethora of other threads about illegal UK plated cars etc. in Spain.

don't live in spain.

eslebespanien Apr 5th 2011 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by adra04778 (Post 9256412)
www.segundamano.es is another website, I buy one from a forum, try posting a wanted add on various forums, but as the past poster said, they don't come cheap,but you could probably buy a uk plated one cheaper, but if you are living here all the time then its false economy as you would have to rematiculte it.

I've almost given up on idea of buying a motor home. Anyone know some good places to hire one?

Mitzyboy Apr 5th 2011 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by eslebespanien (Post 9286612)
I've almost given up on idea of buying a motor home. Anyone know some good places to hire one?

Well, if Spanish motorhome rental is anything like UK motorhome rental then it would be far cheaper to stay in a hotel :D

fionamw Apr 6th 2011 11:08 am

Originally Posted by eslebespanien (Post 9286612)

I know there's a place at Casabermeja, just up the A45 from Malaga, don't know anything about them just know they're there cos I go past twice or more times daily!