Reload this Page >

buying in moraira, javea, denia area on northern costa blanca

buying in moraira, javea, denia area on northern costa blanca

Old Jan 13th 2006, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buying in moraira, javea, denia area on northern costa blanca

thinking of buying a villa in one of these areas

any thoughts on timing (property bubble risk), land grab reality (press concerns us a bit), or general living in these areas

also wondering how climate compares with costadelsol - some people say it is better, some say worse - what about dec-march

we are in our 40's, don't speak spanish.

thanks
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:26 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying in moraira, javea, denia area on northern costa blanca

Originally Posted by sortedtoo

any thoughts on timing (property bubble risk), land grab reality (press concerns us a bit), or general living in these areas

also wondering how climate compares with costadelsol - some people say it is better, some say worse - what about dec-march

thanks
in case you didn't see it i've copied my reply to your other question here........

In my experience of living in Javea for over 2 years most property in this area is waaaaaaaay overpriced but so many foreigners are buying at the silly prices. Better to go a half an hour north or south & even just a bit inland for a much better deal.
Having said that I wouldn't live anywhere else - I just won't buy here.
Also depends if you're looking for a property rent out or to live in full time. If it's for holidays & rental you may be better off looking at an apartment or townhouse in a community then you don't have to worry about looking after the garden & pool while you are away. No land grab probs either. Land grab is a real concern & some of my friends living in the foothills of Montgo have had this happen to them even though where they live already seems fairly densely populated.
I've lived in the villa in the hills but give me a smallish community near the beach & the port any day!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnxa
in case you didn't see it i've copied my reply to your other question here........

In my experience of living in Javea for over 2 years most property in this area is waaaaaaaay overpriced but so many foreigners are buying at the silly prices. Better to go a half an hour north or south & even just a bit inland for a much better deal.
Having said that I wouldn't live anywhere else - I just won't buy here.
Also depends if you're looking for a property rent out or to live in full time. If it's for holidays & rental you may be better off looking at an apartment or townhouse in a community then you don't have to worry about looking after the garden & pool while you are away. No land grab probs either. Land grab is a real concern & some of my friends living in the foothills of Montgo have had this happen to them even though where they live already seems fairly densely populated.
I've lived in the villa in the hills but give me a smallish community near the beach & the port any day!
Old Jan 14th 2006, 5:25 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply - we don't want to live inland, so guess it's the expensive coast for us - smallish villa near the beach and port for us

you don't gave to go far - just maybe 10 to 15 mins drive - you can sometimes still see the sea cos it's pretty hilly in this area
Old Jan 15th 2006, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Malaga area is often 3 or 4 degrees milder in the winter but virtually the same in the summer. Javea and Denia both have lots to offer in terms of "general living" but Moraira tends to be quieter, especially in the winter. My preference is Denia, but a lot of people love Javea.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Rachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant future

Hello
I own a house about 4 miles North of Denia.Try looking for a property near Oliva and Gandia.Prices are abit cheaper there.Climate is wonderful in this area.I have been in December and Feb and March and you can get beautiful sunny days and temps of 20c.I went out last Xmas and people were in the sea and it was 20c some days.It was amazing.I love this part of Spain.I want to move out full time.Moraira and Javea are very nice but expensive.That is why I bought where I did.Could not afford Moraira.Saying that Oliva is very nice.It has a nice marina area and a lovely beach.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

ivanmax will become famous soon enoughivanmax will become famous soon enough

Big bubble risk really. It would be a good idea to wait for a few months to see how things develop. My girlfriend´s father who is very well off wanted to buy a place a couple of months ago in the are you are talking about and he came back home emply-handed and very anoyed. According to his words the prices were just outrageous.

Have a look at something in the North. Very expensive too but more authentic.

Iván.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Rachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ivanmax
Big bubble risk really. It would be a good idea to wait for a few months to see how things develop. My girlfriend´s father who is very well off wanted to buy a place a couple of months ago in the are you are talking about and he came back home emply-handed and very anoyed. According to his words the prices were just outrageous.

Have a look at something in the North. Very expensive too but more authentic.

Iván.
I do not think the bubble will burst at all.The same was said about the market here(Uk).But it has not happened.Ok properties have not gone up much over last year but they have not got down either.They have just slowed down and stabilised.I believe the same thing will happen in Spain.The market is slowing, but will not crash or go down.Just level off and then stay at a sensible rate( say 4 or 5 % increase a year).
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rachels2000
I do not think the bubble will burst at all.The same was said about the market here(Uk).But it has not happened.Ok properties have not gone up much over last year but they have not got down either.They have just slowed down and stabilised.I believe the same thing will happen in Spain.The market is slowing, but will not crash or go down.Just level off and then stay at a sensible rate( say 4 or 5 % increase a year).

Can anyone send me contact details web/email for reputable estate agents in these areas?

thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:34 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Can anyone send me contact details web/email for reputable estate agents in these areas?

thanks

methinks you might have a bit of a wait
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnxa
methinks you might have a bit of a wait
ok, how about 'better than average' estate agents
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:16 pm
Darren Carter

Hello, I can give you some advice. I am a real estate whom works in all the aformentioned areas Moraira, Javea, Denia, and I work with the developers, other agents and have a good overview of the market, the direction I see it going etc.

Certain parts of the markets villas are quite static, so it is a good time to buy these. There are a number of questions that need to be asked prior to purchase. ie. Which particular area, what facilities do you need, so an indepth analysis of what you want, the reasons, your budget your timescales.

As a whole the market went up 17% across spain, valencia communidad was in this, people say it is over priced, and others say the other way. The truth is there is 2 markets, the primary and secondary markets. New build and resale. Again it is down to each buyer.

For example the uk market is considered overpriced, and also spain. The reality is I see the spanish market slowing but still going upwards, possibly 10% growth per year. In villas this is fairly static, whilst apartments and townhouses are increasing. Moraira, Javea and Denia to a lesser extent is where the international market heads, hence they are more expensive than north and south. Where some of the responses have been, go here, and go there it is cheaper, there is a reason for the price difference. Moraira and Javea are excellent places to retire, they have good infrastructures where as in Denia, Gandia, Oliva less people (hardly any) in the last two destinations speak English.

Do you want to be able to buy your english newspaper or do you want to sit in a bar surrounded by locals, who dont know what you are saying? Also the orientation of places, Denia, Oliva, Gandia are north facing locations, Javea and Moraira are south.

What is your budget, what are you looking for, what is important, there are differences between offplan and resale. Email me [email protected] we can talk privately and confidentially on my personal email address. I have been working in real estate with the major real estate companies and the developers for a number of years. Regards Darren

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:22 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Hi Sortedtoo

I live in Javea and love the area. You are best renting first to see which area you like. Even in Javea there are big differences between areas of the town so you can't possibly make the best decision for you without living here and picking up local knowledge.

As I hear it prices are static with some villas going down where owners want to move fast (divorce, health problems etc) except for the cheaper places such as apartments.

It isn't a bad time to buy as places are negotiable in the main.

Land grab - don't be put off - just don't buy rural.

Regards

Mark
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Sortedtoo
Without a doubt you need to live in the area before buying. I have an apartment in Denia, love it and visit often. However, when I first got to know the Northern Costa Blanca, I loved Javea and didn't like what I saw of Denia. Now I much prefer Denia but love having Javea and Moraira on the doorstep as all of the towns have different qualities.
Old Jan 24th 2006, 10:44 am
Just Joined

serrae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rachels2000
Hello
I own a house about 4 miles North of Denia.Try looking for a property near Oliva and Gandia.Prices are abit cheaper there.Climate is wonderful in this area.I have been in December and Feb and March and you can get beautiful sunny days and temps of 20c.I went out last Xmas and people were in the sea and it was 20c some days.It was amazing.I love this part of Spain.I want to move out full time.Moraira and Javea are very nice but expensive.That is why I bought where I did.Could not afford Moraira.Saying that Oliva is very nice.It has a nice marina area and a lovely beach.
We have a place in Gran Alacant and its cheaper there. Just S.of Alicante.
When we motored to the Denia area we saw houses for sale in the supermarket notice boards. Obviously from Brits and very good prices.ie.Detached house with 3 beds for £150K. Well worth looking and avoiding the Estate agents. Do remember that whatever you pay for a property add 10% for legal/notary fees. Its not cheap buying there and also I agree that the property is overpriced and overbuilt. I can see trouble up ahead with water supplies in this arid region.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.