Reload this Page >

Buying a land in Spain

Buying a land in Spain

Old Jun 16th 2018, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Andor49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying a land in Spain

Hi Everyone
Me and my husband are thinking of buying a small piece of land in Spain so we can come in the winter and stay in our motorhome.
Can anybody advise us regarding how long we can stay without getting residency (we just want to stay few months in the winter)
Also do we need to pay any bills/council tax e.t.c
Is it a good idea?
Any advise would be much appreciated

Thank you
Old Jun 16th 2018, 4:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a land in Spain

Originally Posted by Andor49 View Post
Hi Everyone
Me and my husband are thinking of buying a small piece of land in Spain so we can come in the winter and stay in our motorhome.
Can anybody advise us regarding how long we can stay without getting residency (we just want to stay few months in the winter)
Is it a good idea?

Thank you
Not a good idea I would think, the land would have to have a license to have someone living there, even in a motorhome. you would have to become resident after being there for 90 days, and it you stayed more than 183 days in a calendar year you wold become a legal resident and liable to have all your worldwide income taxed in Spain. Either buy a holiday home or just rent an apartment for the time you are going to be there, or stay on an approved site.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Andor49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much ,this is very helpful information
Old Jun 16th 2018, 5:14 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

so many realy good campsite with great winter deals,
for easy no need for car I would highly recommend Bonterra park in Benicasim costa azahar.
Mercodona across the street, lidl only 5 minutes walk, a lively town only 10 minutes walk, to the beach and beautiful promenade for evening strolls 5 minutes. Large weekly market 5 minutes walk.

Last edited by HeikeundAlan; Jun 16th 2018 at 5:23 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 5:43 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I can''t see any reason why you cant park on your own land. It is clearly not a permanent home and presumably is not connected to any utilities.

If in doubt, ask at the town hall.

As far as having to register as a resident, that would be a waste of time. There are hundreds of thousands of holiday home owners who spend more than 90 days in Spain and the system would collapse if they all signed on the register and then signed off when they finished their visit.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andor49 View Post
Hi Everyone
Is it a good idea?

Thank you
Can be a good idea and just depends on the land. As said, it's not a permanent structure and if not connected to mains, normally no planning permission required.
Once you build a foundation, that's when it gets difficult, or some types of land (rustic) might not allow you to use as accommodation. You or your lawyer can easily check the land registry and most of the time all information is on council website.
You will pay property tax based on the land value.

Last edited by Moses2013; Jun 18th 2018 at 9:48 am.