Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying Kindle in UK for use in Spain?

Buying Kindle in UK for use in Spain?

Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:35 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying Kindle in UK for use in Spain?

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir View Post
How can you get them for free if they are new releases that are in demand?
As soon as they come out they are available on many of the download sites..
Old Nov 1st 2011, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet View Post
I am shortly going on a visit to England and wondered if I buy a Kindle from Tesco there how do I set it up for using here in Spain, is it possible to do that?
I've tried to buy one here in Spain from Amazon UK and also Amazon.es but they both direct me to the American site which I don't want to use, so buying one in the UK would be better if it's not too difficult.

I know Kindle have been discussed here before, but I don't have the time to go through all the posts to find if there is an answer there.

Any help would be much appreciated as my husband wants one.....yesterday.
we live in Euzkadi & I bought my wife a kindle last year thro' amazon.UK. We can download books from Amazon no problem.
There is an Amazon.es now, but the range is limited & they're expensive.
So if it's only English books you want, no problem.

The charger will be a 3pin UK plug, so you'll need an adapter here.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retired in euzkadi View Post
we live in Euzkadi & I bought my wife a kindle last year thro' amazon.UK. We can download books from Amazon no problem.

That's not a problem....we have some.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 9:22 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retired in euzkadi View Post

And the Kindle is not available through the Spanish site - it just redirects you to the US site.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James View Post
And the Kindle is not available through the Spanish site - it just redirects you to the US site.
Yes that's right Fred it does!

I believe it's all to do with copyright laws, Kindle is an American product and they object to Spain not signing up to the same copyright restrictions as they and the UK do.

A bit daft really as it's as easy to get around as UK satellite TV is here.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 7:16 am
Just Joined

lilly12 is an unknown quantity at this point

'manage my Kindle' and right at the bottom of the page will help you to switch over.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 7:53 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilly12 View Post
'manage my Kindle' and right at the bottom of the page will help you to switch over.
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

The latest news for anyone else wanting to order a Kindle is that Amazon.es will start selling them at the end of the year.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:22 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The latest news for anyone else wanting to order a Kindle is that Amazon.es will start selling them at the end of the year.
Presumably if people buy their Kindle from Amazon.es they will have to order their books from Amazon. com and not the UK.

Rosemary
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Oddities View Post
Presumably if people buy their Kindle from Amazon.es they will have to order their books from Amazon. com and not the UK.

Rosemary
It could always be registered with a UK address later!
I suspect though that Amazon.es will be more expensive, it is on other things.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:37 am

Not the tvs.

Graham
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I can't find a better price for this although it's increased by €2 recently possibly due to exchange rates.

http://www.amazon.es/MIO-685-Europe-...f=pd_rhf_p_t_2
Old Dec 28th 2011, 12:22 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone point me to or PM me a good free and easy download site for Kindle ebooks.
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx View Post
Im sure a friend of mine who has one, said you have to order the Ebooks via the USA site if you are in Spain
I have one, live in Spain and buy from Amazon UK without problem
Old Dec 28th 2011, 6:38 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pwwm View Post
I have one, live in Spain and buy from Amazon UK without problem
Err,I did say free,
Yes I know some are free on Amazon kindle but they're mostly old hat or else not my cup off tea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.