Buying electrical and furniture On-Line in Spain

Buying electrical and furniture On-Line in Spain

Old Sep 11th 2006, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Location: Albunol, Costa Tropical & Mytholmroyd West Yorkshire
Andrew_2706 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying electrical and furniture On-Line in Spain

Hi all,

We are just in the process of buying a house in Albunol, Costa Tropical, we complete at the end of October, and need to fill it with furniture top to bottom as we are keeping our house in uk too.

I have seen the various companies who sell packs but dont think much to them myself. There must be on-line sites where we can order goods for delivery in Spain like Curry's and Ikea for example. I have seen Ikea is there but it being in Spanish makes it a bit tricky to say the least so I have got a list of bits from there in the hope that the names are the same in Spain and that I'll be able to fax a request sometime soon.

Electrical goods are something I havent seen online at competitive prices.

Can anyone suggest anywhere we could sort out the big stuff from, so we can then spend a day driving to the nearest Ikea or somewhere similar to Albunol, where that is I'm not sure!

Any advice would be more than welcom.

Thanks,
Andrew.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 8:15 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default Re: Buying electrical and furniture On-Line in Spain

Originally Posted by Andrew_2706
Hi all,

We are just in the process of buying a house in Albunol, Costa Tropical, we complete at the end of October, and need to fill it with furniture top to bottom as we are keeping our house in uk too.

I have seen the various companies who sell packs but dont think much to them myself. There must be on-line sites where we can order goods for delivery in Spain like Curry's and Ikea for example. I have seen Ikea is there but it being in Spanish makes it a bit tricky to say the least so I have got a list of bits from there in the hope that the names are the same in Spain and that I'll be able to fax a request sometime soon.

Can anyone suggest anywhere we could sort out the big stuff from, so we can then spend a day driving to the nearest Ikea or somewhere similar to Albunol, where that is I'm not sure!

Thanks,
Andrew.

hi andrew, why dont you go to your nearest carrefour for all your electrical goods, they are normaly quite reasonable and of course you could buy your furniture fm ikea,pat
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:01 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Try Radiovision in Motril.

They have a good range of white goods at good prices.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

un-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud ofun-mundo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andrew_2706
Hi all,

Thanks,
Andrew.
Do you speak Spanish? Fluently? If the answer to both of those is "yes" and prices seem substantially cheaper, then it would seem a logical solution.
If there is a slight hesitation on either of them, then probably not.

There is much to be said from buying locally, and often the price difference isn't as great as you might expect. It also brings you a degree of good will in the area in which you live. If there is a problem, it's in their interest to sort it out quickly.

We compromised. Bought things like beds and stuff from El Corte Ingles and Carrefour, who deliver and generally, having gone into the shop, there are people who speak English. Electrical stuff we bought locally - on the basis of wanting to support the local economy, and also an electric mixer would be more likely to go wrong than a bed.

Touch wood, it's worked out so far.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 9:35 am
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

For small electronic/electrical items there is Pixmania
They have a good selection of things and appear to be quite cheap. You have to order from the site of the country the goods will be delivered in but the English site does mirror the spanish one so you can use it easily even if your spanish is not good.

We have recently ordered some things from them and the prices were significantly less then we could have bought the items for here.

On the downside the ordering process was a nightmare, it has taken a week of emails to get it sorted out. After you order they ask you to verify your ID by faxing/emailing various documents, by the time they accepted what we had sent some of the items were out of stock. Once you get through the initial process their online info on your order is good.
Pixmania are based in France and source their goods from all over the place so you do need to look carefully at what language manuals/software is in, they do clearly state it in the product info and of course you can usually download in your own language from somewhere.

Part of our order has now been mailed, I will let you know what the rest of the experience is like. I have read some damming reports about them on the internet and have just learnt that Dixon's have bought a 75% stake in them, not sure if that will improve things or not.

Yvonne
Old Sep 15th 2006, 10:24 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YMF
For small electronic/electrical items there is Pixmania On the downside the ordering process was a nightmare, it has taken a week of emails to get it sorted out. After you order they ask you to verify your ID by faxing/emailing various documents, by the time they accepted what we had sent some of the items were out of stock. Once you get through the initial process their online info on your order is good.

I have used them a few times with no problems.

I certainly didn't have to provide any documents - just my credit card details in the usual way.

When the goods have been shipped you can follow the delivery process online as they provide a tracking link to the carriers.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Location: Albunol, Costa Tropical & Mytholmroyd West Yorkshire
Andrew_2706 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your help, it's been very interesting. I do favour the idea of supporting the local economy on reflection, and will try and struggle my way through whilst speaking hardly any Spanish (and struggling to remember it, but trying to learn from CD's etc!!). I'll most likely get washing machine and things which might go wrong locally and get the rest from Pxmania.

Thanks for all your help.

Andrew.