Buying costs

Old Jul 6th 2012, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of
Default Buying costs

I am tempted by a property in the village. In fact i have been tempted by it since its construction 5 years ago - but not at the then asking price of €56,000.

For a long time the owner would not go below €380K. I now know that the developer is willing to settle for €300,000. As the property is about 180sm I'm reasonably happy with that. Anything under €2,000 per sm sounds ok.

At that price the interest i would get from a 3 year BS deposit account would not pay the rent on a property like that, further strengthening the valuation argument.

As its from the developer the tax is only 4%. What other purchase costs should i allow for and what should i budget for them? Notary, Solicitor etc. And what about a survey?

Should i be planning to minimise IHT by taking out a mortgage or buying through a company - if still allowed
Old Jul 6th 2012, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying costs

I'd have bought it when it was £56,000!!!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

yep and me lol
Old Jul 7th 2012, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Ah such insight, such expertise, such help...

...oh, and such wit!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

When I bought my house, the solicitor (a Nerja firm) we used charged 1% of the purchase price. The total buying costs were approx 9% and that was with transfer tax of 7%, so yours should be correspondingly less.

I don't know anybody who had a survey done when they bought, but possibly that just means we are all mad!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 3:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
Ah such insight, such expertise, such help...

...oh, and such wit!
well you did say it was advertised at €56,000, did you miss a zero off? with your original post I suspect that many people have been tempted to make replies in the same vein as well.