Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Old Mar 1st 2015, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi MikeJ, we have just bought a new dishwasher from the little electrico domesticos opposite the PO and when we opened the bag containing the instruction leaflets we found a total of 8 books in different languages including English :-)) Bryony
That's a BRILLIANT little electrical shop. It was the only place in Ayamonte that I could find a typical immersion heater element like the UK ones which was needed for my water heater when the rain blew up the old one. Although Spanish ones don't come with a cap which is why the first one was affected. I had to improvise with a cut down Pringles tin!
Old Mar 4th 2015, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future
Default Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

Originally Posted by neil77
Hi everyone, again. Ok we came down this week and completed our purchase and are now very proud owners of a lovely place in calle lopez.
We even managed to meet with the builder to start off the kitchen build.
But we have noticed that electrical/kitchen appliances are VERY expensive in Spain. it was suggested to us to buy and ship from the UK. But who in the UK does ship to Spain? As always, any info/advice/suggestions much appreciated.
Hi Neil,

And welcome to Esuri,Ayamonte/Portugal and all the great surrounding area's,things probably seem a bit daunting at first,but it all comes together bit by bit,and thats part of the fun of being out there,you will eventually find everything you need,and more,good luck,

Ken.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Tatelufc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi neil77

I am going through the same process as you did a few month ago.
I am flying to faro on Sunday and off to look at a property on calle Lopez de Ayala!!im sure you mentioned that??
Could you give me a bit of advice please as in what's bank/lawyers you used and were they any good??
How do I obtain a nie number??
The place im looking at needs finishing too and also needs a kitchen and pool,so it would be good to hear how you have got on??

Many thanks
Old Mar 5th 2015, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Teed up, and I do agree its quite exciting and we are looking forward to getting each stage done, and we look forward to meeting you and everyone else in the very near future!
Old Mar 5th 2015, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tatelufc, I'll 'private message' you, and then I can give you all the details of our 'journey' so far.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 8:39 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

What a great time to buy - especially if you have Sterling.

The fx rate touching 1.39 and no sign of the Euro getting stronger as the ECB roll out QE, means that:

1. You can find a place and be pretty sure that when the legalities etc are concluded you have a great rate. Also with low interest rates and a longer term weakness in the Euro possible, any mortgage repayments will be effectively lower due to this fx rate
2. Spanish prices (in Euros) haven't yet moved up significantly and the fx rate is an extra 'discount'
3. Spain is showing signs of recovery, and tourism is up as more people come to Spain for holidays
4. Its likely therefore that prices are at a low, and though theres no guarantee.. I do think the downside risk is low... while the fx rate and potential recovery means the upside 'risk' is higher IMO.

Of course what do I know, I bought pre-crisis and have seen values drop 2/3!!

Not so good for people going back to the UK and selling up though sadly... they've lost a lot if they also bought pre-crisis.

However I am recommending to friends with pounds/dollars, that they look at Spain for property - and fun-yielding investment! Of which the Costa Esuri / Ayamonte area and a two-country opportunity is a great place to consider!

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 9th 2015 at 8:42 am.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 7:07 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
What a great time to buy - especially if you have Sterling.

The fx rate touching 1.39 and no sign of the Euro getting stronger as the ECB roll out QE, means that:

1. You can find a place and be pretty sure that when the legalities etc are concluded you have a great rate. Also with low interest rates and a longer term weakness in the Euro possible, any mortgage repayments will be effectively lower due to this fx rate
2. Spanish prices (in Euros) haven't yet moved up significantly and the fx rate is an extra 'discount'
3. Spain is showing signs of recovery, and tourism is up as more people come to Spain for holidays
4. Its likely therefore that prices are at a low, and though theres no guarantee.. I do think the downside risk is low... while the fx rate and potential recovery means the upside 'risk' is higher IMO.

Of course what do I know, I bought pre-crisis and have seen values drop 2/3!!

Not so good for people going back to the UK and selling up though sadly... they've lost a lot if they also bought pre-crisis.

However I am recommending to friends with pounds/dollars, that they look at Spain for property - and fun-yielding investment! Of which the Costa Esuri / Ayamonte area and a two-country opportunity is a great place to consider!

Jon
I got this from Moneycorp this morning: Puts it into perspective. Its over 1.41 to the pound and coming closer to parity with the dollar! At 1.06. I suspect it may well get there!

Jon

The single currency is continuing to lose ground on the back of the launch of the quantitative easing programme by the European Central Bank (ECB) and further Greek worries. Some experts believe the pound could continue rising against the euro helped by the Dollars strong position against the single currency.

As a consequence, the GBP/EUR rates have reached the highest level in seven years creating a real opportunity for potential overseas buyers to get more Euros for their pounds and therefore maximise their budget!

To put this in perspective, buying a property (in Italy) for €200,000 will now cost you £24,790*less compared with January 2014.

*In January 2014 the GBB/EUR rate dropped to 1.1974 whilst today we have seen the interbank rate reached above 1.4060

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 11th 2015 at 7:11 am.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Tatelufc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I think some one mentioned this earlier on in the thread but does Antony know the charges when buying a property in Spain.
As in taxes,stamp duty town hall taxes and any other living costs as in the community charge and gas/elec.
Just need to sort out our budget as we have made a offer on a property on Costa esuri so hopefully we will be living the dream like the rest of you pretty soon.
Thanks

Regards
Richard
Old Mar 15th 2015, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

JohnH1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Richard /Neil

I would also welcome any info you have on your recent activity in Esuri as this will help me also to make a decision soon

John
Old Mar 15th 2015, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnH1
Richard /Neil

I would also welcome any info you have on your recent activity in Esuri as this will help me also to make a decision soon

John
Check out the CERA website for info on what is being organised by the community. Bingo first Saturday of the month, walks round Esuri every couple of weeks and cultural visits (Sevilla) this week. Also have a look at the Info Ayamonte website for the wider area which will soon announce this years tappa trail an event not to be missed. Also there are a couple of Huelva (Province) based websites which include events in the wider provincial area which is steeped in history and has a very wide and varied topography.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Check out the CERA website for info on what is being organised by the community. Bingo first Saturday of the month, walks round Esuri every couple of weeks and cultural visits (Sevilla) this week. Also have a look at the Info Ayamonte website for the wider area which will soon announce this years tappa trail an event not to be missed. Also there are a couple of Huelva (Province) based websites which include events in the wider provincial area which is steeped in history and has a very wide and varied topography.
John you forgot to mention the Monday Club plus Boules starting soon.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
John you forgot to mention the Monday Club plus Boules starting soon.
I forgot to mention one of the bulwarks of Esuri life MONDAY CLUB. A sort of men only meeting at the shop where most of the problems of the world and Premiership football are put to rest with ladies welcome most weeks. Under El Presidente Bill all the best rumours on ESURI are aired and problems solved over a few litre bottles of the cheapest beer on Esuri.

The Boules/Pétanque is a new innovation started in late Autumn but suspended with the fading light but to recommence soon to again be followed by a few beers at the shop. Watch this space for new dates and times Of!
Old Mar 17th 2015, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
I forgot to mention one of the bulwarks of Esuri life MONDAY CLUB. A sort of men only meeting at the shop where most of the problems of the world and Premiership football are put to rest with ladies welcome most weeks. Under El Presidente Bill all the best rumours on ESURI are aired and problems solved over a few litre bottles of the cheapest beer on Esuri.

The Boules/Pétanque is a new innovation started in late Autumn but suspended with the fading light but to recommence soon to again be followed by a few beers at the shop. Watch this space for new dates and times Of!
Is that where you get the goldfish bowls?
Old Mar 17th 2015, 9:34 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Is that where you get the goldfish bowls?
Yes cold water fish, cube shaped and well camouflaged (transparent)!! Though the yellow ones can be seen

Re the costs all have been detailed in the two similar threads I mentioned. Buying/moving to CE. Please look through both threads to get a load of info on buying here... pools.... etc.

Jon
Old Mar 18th 2015, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Michelle107 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i have just joined the site, I am also in the process of buying one of the villas on Lopez De Ayala. We are right at the final stage and waiting for a completion date. Did anyone else have to wait long for Servihabitat (the bank in posession of the villas) to come back with a completion date. We were expecting it to happen last week and still havent heared anything so far this week. We are booked to fly out there Sunday for a week and were hoping it would have all been completed by then.
Michelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.