Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Old Feb 21st 2015, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

Originally Posted by keithBT
NEIL, I gutted my kitchen un the uk in january 2014 and after many quotes for silly money, we ended up buying an IKEA kitchen. Basicly all the standard suppliers construct the carcases from cheap melamine covered chipboard. DONT LAUGH but we are actually very pleased with the final result in what is a large kitchen/ breakfast room. The quality of the high gloss laminate doors is actually no different to units at twice the price.
HENCE, why not tootle down tbe mway to Sevilla and order it from ikea. Then you only need a spanish fitter/ worker to install it for you. They do deliver to CE from their distribution centre. You can choose the kitchen in the UK (same ranges) AND if you want use the uk designers to plan it for you. Dont tell them the house /villa is in spain. You just need to give them an accurate floorplan of your villa kitchen with things like windows, doors etc marked. You then thank them, take all the paperwork to seville and order it there. The uk will give you a computer generated plan, with picking list and uk cost. Will be even cheaper in spain now exch rate is 1.32 ish as well. If you stick to about 140 km ph, it takes about 65 mins to get there and you cannot miss it on the left as you arrive on the urban outskirts of seville.

Keep us informed of your decision. My uncle who has been there since 2007 can probably help with suggesting a good tradesman. Good luck. Keith
Although if you are going to travel at 140 kph beware there are a couple of speed cameras on that route
Old Feb 21st 2015, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

well thanks to keith, kath and 'guesswork', all those suggestions have given me something to bite into, investigate and hopefully produce some results. Really appreciate the help and advice, much needed, and very grateful for.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

and of course, thank you to MikeJ for his humour! :-)
Old Feb 21st 2015, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike J. I honestly had not realised there were any speed cameras on the mway. I believe the spanish limit is 130, but not totally sure of that. I usually reckon that the speedo is optimistic hence think that can get away with an indicated 140 kph. Not got a ticket yet - LUCKILY. THANKS for telling me. Trouble over there is I'm always in happy holiday mode !! Plus it is quite a tedious drive to Seville I find.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
Mike J. I honestly had not realised there were any speed cameras on the mway. I believe the spanish limit is 130, but not totally sure of that. I usually reckon that the speedo is optimistic hence think that can get away with an indicated 140 kph. Not got a ticket yet - LUCKILY. THANKS for telling me. Trouble over there is I'm always in happy holiday mode !! Plus it is quite a tedious drive to Seville I find.
The limit is 120kph (or it was a couple of months ago) - the cameras sites are actually clearly marked as radar controlled areas. The cameras are within 1km of the sign and are anonymous grey boxes with a lens pointing in the direction of travel. ISTR there are at least 2 fixed cameras. Both between Huelva and Seville but I can't remember exactly where off hand.

I did have a document which showed the speeds that the GC will prosecute - for example; 120kph limit then caught in excess of 129kph will get you prosecuted. But that is just guidance - I don't think it applies to fixed cameras just to GC or police mobile units.

There is also a long stretch of restricted speed on the approach to Seville because of road improvement work. Signs say that there are speed checks but I have never actually spotted them and the Spanish drivers don't seem to heed the speed restrictions
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

Originally Posted by MikeJ
The limit is 120kph (or it was a couple of months ago) - the cameras sites are actually clearly marked as radar controlled areas. The cameras are within 1km of the sign and are anonymous grey boxes with a lens pointing in the direction of travel. ISTR there are at least 2 fixed cameras. Both between Huelva and Seville but I can't remember exactly where off hand.

I did have a document which showed the speeds that the GC will prosecute - for example; 120kph limit then caught in excess of 129kph will get you prosecuted. But that is just guidance - I don't think it applies to fixed cameras just to GC or police mobile units.

There is also a long stretch of restricted speed on the approach to Seville because of road improvement work. Signs say that there are speed checks but I have never actually spotted them and the Spanish drivers don't seem to heed the speed restrictions
You are of course correct that there are two locations however it is one in each direction so be careful there and back. Yes the current speed limit is 120kmph the new stretches of 130kmph have not yet been designated and marked. However the trafico have just published a new table of allowances over the marked limit before they will fine you. Suffice to say it is not straightforward but they seem to add 7kmph up to 100kmph then 7% above that all to do with the accuracy of the car speedo. So with 7% 120 effectively is 130 if your speedo is digital or you have a speed reading on your satnav.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

magnus44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neil77
Hello all, if I might ask a question of anyone who would be good enough to help out and give any suggestions. We have just purchased one of the villas in calle lopez de ayala. It needs a kitchen fitted. So, has anyone any suggestions as the best place to go for the supply of a kitchen near Ayamonte please? Im hoping the kitchen shops/suppliers are not to far away. We're down next week to complete the purchase and meet up with a local builder who is recommended and who's work I have seen, and Id like to get him started straight away. Look forward to any suggestions and advice/help. Many thanks, and look forward to meeting you all over the coming years when we are able to move down to that beautiful location
We bought kitchen with Colombinicasa Ayamonte two years ago. Very satisfied.
The shop is located at the fishing harbor, next to the statue of the woman at the cannery.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks Magnus44, Ive just looked at their website and the kitchens do look very nice indeed. They look good quality. Ive saved some of their photos, and will print them off and give them to the builder when I see him this week. thanks again.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, again. Ok we came down this week and completed our purchase and are now very proud owners of a lovely place in calle lopez.
We even managed to meet with the builder to start off the kitchen build.
But we have noticed that electrical/kitchen appliances are VERY expensive in Spain. it was suggested to us to buy and ship from the UK. But who in the UK does ship to Spain? As always, any info/advice/suggestions much appreciated.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

If you ship from the UK you could be running them on plug converters for a long time. More importantly if you ship from the UK and a unit fails you could have a problem with warranties.

The electric stores in town (one is Ferrer) offer reasonable prices and a great delivery and installation prices

Alternatively if you if you go to Costco in Seville they have a great selection and top end product at good prices
You need a card but you can join when there as long as you have Passport and proof of address It costs about 35 euros
Old Mar 1st 2015, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Neil congrats on the Villa purchase.I agree with guesswork,we used Ferrer and Carrefour for most of our appliances and of course you can take a little bit of satisfaction that you are helping the local trader that we all take for granted and would regret not using if they suddenly disappeared.I m sure that spending time in Esuri will make you feel that it is your 2nd home and you will be proud to boost the local economy.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi everyone, again. Ok we came down this week and completed our purchase and are now very proud owners of a lovely place in calle lopez.
We even managed to meet with the builder to start off the kitchen build.
But we have noticed that electrical/kitchen appliances are VERY expensive in Spain. it was suggested to us to buy and ship from the UK. But who in the UK does ship to Spain? As always, any info/advice/suggestions much appreciated.
You do need to choose your store - but we have found that Carrefour, Costco etc do offer prices comparable to the UK - although the manuals will be in Spanish you can generally download English versions should you need to. The advantage of local stores is that they will deliver and install foc - often the same day. If you were to add these costs + transport to UK prices then they can work out cheaper.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

thanks you guesswork, mikej and glaisboy [another swansea resident!] I do agree about the local economy and would prefer to support that, and will certainly look at those particular stores. I do agree with all the points made, and would prefer to buy locally for all those reasons given.
thank you all for your help and advice, very much appreciated.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeJ
You do need to choose your store - but we have found that Carrefour, Costco etc do offer prices comparable to the UK - although the manuals will be in Spanish you can generally download English versions should you need to. The advantage of local stores is that they will deliver and install foc - often the same day. If you were to add these costs + transport to UK prices then they can work out cheaper.
Hi MikeJ, we have just bought a new dishwasher from the little electrico domesticos opposite the PO and when we opened the bag containing the instruction leaflets we found a total of 8 books in different languages including English :-)) Bryony
Old Mar 1st 2015, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

thanks you guesswork, mikej and glaisboy [another swansea resident!] I do agree about the local economy and would prefer to support that, and will certainly look at those particular stores. I do agree with all the points made, and would prefer to buy locally for all those reasons given.
thank you all for your help and advice, very much appreciated.
Hi Neil77, well done on your purchase. We bought all our white good here 9yrs ago and apart from the dishwasher (which passed away a few weeks ago) everything is still marching on. We bought a new d/washer last week and because of the brill exchange rate at the moment it cost £190 (250E) so that's another thing to bear in mind, regards Bryony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.