Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Buying in Costa Esuri.

Old Nov 4th 2014, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

The only surveyor in Spain I have had any dealings with is Campbell D Ferguson, FRICS
I asked him to survey some work I was not happy with, he came to my house looked at the work and gave me some very good advice which I followed . However he did not do a survey because he talked himself out of the job with the advice given which we were both aware of at the time.

A clip from the web page:- Ethically and professionally governed by RICS in London, 12 qualified and experienced English and Spanish speaking, independent surveyors work with integrity only for you. No conflicting loyalty to banks, developers, contractors, owners, estate agents, lawyers or town halls! All Reports and Valuations are reviewed by a second surveyor.

Spanish property valuations - RICS Chartered Surveyors Marbella, property valuer Spain, structural & building Survey Andalucia.

Up to you but I would not hesitate in contacting him again should the need arise.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
The only surveyor in Spain I have had any dealings with is Campbell D Fergus.

A clip from the web page:- Ethically and professionally governed by RICS in London, 12 qualified and experienced English and Spanish speaking, independent surveyors work with integrity only for you. No conflicting loyalty to banks, developers, contractors, owners, estate agents, lawyers or town halls! All Reports and Valuations are reviewed by a second surveyor.

Spanish property valuations - RICS Chartered Surveyors Marbella, property valuer Spain, structural & building Survey Andalucia.

Up to you but I would not hesitate in contacting him again should the need arise.
If you are going to use a surveyor that is exactly what you want.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

neil77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many many thanks, fredbargate and esuri John, really appreciate that information. the information I have received on this thread/forum has been so helpful, in just two days! I am now well on my way to sorting so much out, thanks to you all.
Esuri John- i have been told that what you dont know about purchasing in Cosat esuri isnt worth knowing, so if you do think of anything else at all that would be of use to my wife and myself during this transaction/nail biting time we would be very grateful.
Old Nov 8th 2014, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hello again,
would anyone know what the situation with installing a swimming pool is please? Do you need planning permission and is that dependant on size etc?
Any advice appreciated. Many thanks, Neil
Old Nov 9th 2014, 5:36 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil77
Hello again,
would anyone know what the situation with installing a swimming pool is please? Do you need planning permission and is that dependant on size etc?
Again Esuri John is your man

Jon
Old Nov 9th 2014, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buying in Costa Esuri.

Hello again,
If it is an in ground swimming pool it definitely needs planning permission and a Licence de Obra both of which you pay for as a percentage of the cost. If it is a reinforced concrete box pool you will have to submit drawings and calculations. Probably you would have to employ an architect for that part.

Many pools are built without asking in Spain but here is the rub you cannot hide a pool so it will be spotted the next time the Cadastral overflight takes place or if the Ayuntamiento have a look at the latest google maps. There have been at least three new google spy shots of our house in the severn years we have been here. I note small changes to our plot each time. If you take a chance it could result in all the above costs plus fines or in the worst case demolition/infilling.

An above ground pool may get away without the permissions depending on connections and fixings but there is more and more concern about water usage so you have to be careful about who you ask and what.

If you decided to go ahead without asking the biggest initial danger is that you might be denounced by neighbours and get grief from the local police.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Thank You EsuriJohn, that puts me on a path now. I would'nt do anything without permisssion, so that info is great, I can now go about it properly if and when the time comes.
Very grateful!
Old Nov 9th 2014, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

and just so I can 'forward plan', roughly how long would planning permissions take? I understand that the wheels of administration turn quite slowly in Spain? Takes long enough in the uk!
Old Dec 12th 2014, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

pablovicente is an unknown quantity at this point

and just so I can 'forward plan', roughly how long would planning permissions take? I understand that the wheels of administration turn quite slowly in Spain? Takes long enough in the uk!
Hi Neil,

Actually the wheels of the administration in SPain are extremely slow, but it depends on what. When it is about urbanization issues, they are not that slow. The Law in Andalucía (the Ley 7/2002, de 17 de diciembre, de Ordenación Urbanística de Andalucía, article 165) says they have to answer you in as much as 3 months, either it is a minor construction license (licencia de obra menor) or a mayor construction license (licencia de obra mayor). If they do not answer by these 3 months, it is considered you have the permission and you can build it (as long as it is a legal construction), you just need to make a communication 10 days before beginning the construction.

They may and usually answer before, but almost never before 15 days, especially, if you are asking for a "licencia de obra mayor".

Regards,
Pablo.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 5:47 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Some good news re Spanish property market

VIVA Blog - Spanish property: the story of 2014 - VIVA Blog

Jon
Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Some good news re Spanish property market

VIVA Blog - Spanish property: the story of 2014 - VIVA Blog

Jon
Jon this is an advert by an estate agency
Old Dec 14th 2014, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

many thanks Pablo, thats great information and 3 months isnt too bad, and I'll have plenty of things to do whilst waiting on that! Thanks again!
Neil
Old Jan 31st 2015, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

After starting the process of buying back in November, we got the lovely surprise of the prices going down again a couple of weeks ago so we stopped the process and re-started with the new prices. Great news!

We are ready to sign now but when we got the breakdown of the money we have to pay the bank have included a one off payment at front of the life insurance for the duration of the mortgage (a big chunk of money)

I know I am not forced by law to have a life insurance and definetely the bank cannot force me to have it with them and pay up front.

Has anybody had this problem too? What did you do?

I have asked the bank to change this to a year contract and I will compare products but I am worried they will denie the mortgage.

Rosa
Old Jan 31st 2015, 9:37 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by soyrosa
After starting the process of buying back in November, we got the lovely surprise of the prices going down again a couple of weeks ago so we stopped the process and re-started with the new prices. Great news!

We are ready to sign now but when we got the breakdown of the money we have to pay the bank have included a one off payment at front of the life insurance for the duration of the mortgage (a big chunk of money)

I know I am not forced by law to have a life insurance and definetely the bank cannot force me to have it with them and pay up front.

Has anybody had this problem too? What did you do?

I have asked the bank to change this to a year contract and I will compare products but I am worried they will denie the mortgage.

Rosa
Hi Rosa,
Nine times out of 10 the bank offer you a mortage on the basis that you take out life assurance for the period of the mortgage contracted. They ask for it all to be paid upfront and depending on the term and mortgage it can be a serious lump.
All mortgages I have signed recently have obliged the mortgage taker to take out the policy otherwise the offer is withdrawn.

Hope this helps
Regards
MichaelH
Old Jan 31st 2015, 9:42 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

If a condition of them giving you mortage is life assurance then that is clearly not illegal.
They make you an offer the choice is then yours to accept it or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.