Reload this Page >

Buying in Costa Esuri

Buying in Costa Esuri

Old May 19th 2011, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Steve and Kaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying in Costa Esuri

Hi All,

We are staying near Albufeira and have just had a day out at Costa Esuri with a local agent from "Spanish homes & Fincas". I never get into anything without researching all the options and I was suprised at how cheap the apartments were so I thought I would read up on here and other websites.
At the moment all I can find is doom and gloom! Poor build quality, arguments with the developer, threatening behaviour etc.
So I have spent about an hour and it has put us right off.
Could anyone, in a nutshell tell us if it is worth the risk?
Are they going to finish it?

Help!

Thanks.
Old May 19th 2011, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Buying in Costa Esuri

Originally Posted by Steve and Kaz
Hi All,

We are staying near Albufeira and have just had a day out at Costa Esuri with a local agent from "Spanish homes & Fincas". I never get into anything without researching all the options and I was suprised at how cheap the apartments were so I thought I would read up on here and other websites.
At the moment all I can find is doom and gloom! Poor build quality, arguments with the developer, threatening behaviour etc.

Help!

Thanks.
I'm sure one day things will get finished but in the meantime we love our home (as do all our friends) and we love our life here.I think a lot depends on the type of person you are and the reasons you want to buy here eg. if you want a 'buy to rent' the property will be a bargin but you may not get lots of rentals. If like us you just wanted a holiday home (which in our case then became permanent) you will still get a bargin but will have to be happy to wait for everything else to be completed. Regards Bryony

P.S. you also have to remember that there is no point compairing build quality here to that in England (which a lot do) its different and some things Brits find important the Spanish don't.

Last edited by MikeCol; May 19th 2011 at 9:45 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Help!

Thanks.
I wouldn't touch anything that's uncompleted or on an uncompleted development on the urbanisation at the moment - who knows when they will be completed? But if you look at the already completed developments (eg Marina Esuri etc) - maybe one of the properties which have been reposessed by the banks - the you will be able to pick up a very nice apartment at a bargain price (as Bryony says). They may have been empty for a while and need a little TLC to get them up to scratch but the duplex apartments are really worth having. Better still buy a second owner property where all the snagging has been sorted. Good luck in your search.
The best aspect of Costa Esuri is its location - I know everyone in Spain thinks that they live in the ideal place but here it is really true. Away from the beaten track of hordes of expats and drunken visitors (but with enough to have a social life) In an unspoilt part of Spain but within easy distance of the Portuguese Algarve. Served by 2 international airports (Faro and Seville) with possibly another 2 - Beja and Jerez - so low cost flights are competitive.
And reasonably friendly locals.
Old May 20th 2011, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

-cordoba- is an unknown quantity at this point

We just bought (May 1, 2011) an apt. in C Esuri after looking for 3 years in most of Andalucia and the Vila Real-Tavira area. And although some apts. in V. Real can compete in price and quality they don't have pools or private parking spaces included. As for Andalucia, nothing can compete in price. C. Esuri prices have dropped anywhere from 40-65% and are now being purchased quickly (the finished developments). It is far from being finished and will probably never be finished as planned (which may not be such a bad thing). If your looking for night life - forget it for now- and it is a bit far to the beaches (10-15 km) but there are services in Ayamonte (a 5 km) and Huelva and Sevilla are not too far away (50-140kms). If you're serious you should move soon as the best deals are now being taken by Spanish and Portuguese families (for the reason stated above). We're from Cordoba (285 kms.) and we bought one! As for renting out- everyone would like to- so we don't advise buying w only that in mind. Good Luck
Old May 20th 2011, 8:55 am
Just Joined

annie and keith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Help!

Thanks.
Hello Steve and Caz,
I don't have experience of Esuri, but we bought in 2004 on Isla Canela. 2 bed apartment. We have never regretted anything about it. The build quality was good and we have never had any issues. Ayamonte is a lovely town and we spend as much time there as we can. There are still some bargains on the beach via private sales and estate agents in the town. Go and have a look.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mitto is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just recently bought an apartment in Costa Esuri and think the place is fantastic. As previously said I don't think it will ever be finished off to the original plans but that will probably be a good thing as it will keep it a little less crowded. Somebody will eventually buy it and it will become more finished off. I also bought mine through Homes & Fincas and they were great to deal with. The build quality has been fine and touch wood haven't had any problems so far. These apartments are exceptional value for money and the price can only go one way from here and that is up!
Old Jul 9th 2011, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitto
I have just recently bought an apartment in Costa Esuri and think the place is fantastic. As previously said I don't think it will ever be finished off to the original plans but that will probably be a good thing as it will keep it a little less crowded. Somebody will eventually buy it and it will become more finished off. I also bought mine through Homes & Fincas and they were great to deal with. The build quality has been fine and touch wood haven't had any problems so far. These apartments are exceptional value for money and the price can only go one way from here and that is up!
welcome to costa esuri,most people there love it and as you say it is not overcrowded.One day we will hopefully see more shops etc but it is not far to shops if that is what you want
Old Jul 9th 2011, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Mitto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by char272
welcome to costa esuri,most people there love it and as you say it is not overcrowded.One day we will hopefully see more shops etc but it is not far to shops if that is what you want
Yes and the shops in Ayamonte are very nice indeed and you can get pretty much anything you need. I actually like Lepe as well and have found some good shops there recently. I agree it would be nice to see another bar or restaurant but there isn't enough custom for it at the minute except for peak holiday times.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mitto
Hi and welcome to Esuri,
am sure like most of us you will get years of enjoyment from your investment,along with meeting some very nice people in a lovely place spot in the sun.

Ken.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

saga_spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Buying in Costa Esuri

Hi to you all!

New here. We are looking for an apartment to buy in Costa Esuri and like the Sea and Sun ones (from what we have seen in pictures but we understand that the urbanizacion is not completed yet? Can anyone help us with a little more detailed info?
Also does anyone know the name of the bank that sells these apartments (or la entidad financiera)?
Is it better to buy a bank owned/repossession or a second hand apartment?
Do you recommend any bank in Ayamonte?
How is the situation now with the mortgages for non residents? We get very different answers, from 50% to 70% so it's hard to know what to trust.
Thank you,
Saga
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saga_spain
Hi to you all!

New here. We are looking for an apartment to buy in Costa Esuri and like the Sea and Sun ones (from what we have seen in pictures but we understand that the urbanizacion is not completed yet? Can anyone help us with a little more detailed info?
Also does anyone know the name of the bank that sells these apartments (or la entidad financiera)?
How is the situation now with the mortgages for non residents? We get very different answers, from 50% to 70% so it's hard to know what to trust.
Thank you,
Saga
I do not have a Sea and Sun apartment I believe there very few sold and because of this it there may not be enough money for things like Pool maintenance and lifts not working .When I bought on Esuri in Las Encinas there were only about 25 per cent sold and we had these sorts of issues Now a lot more have been sold this has to a large extent been resolved It was resolved when the banks started selling the properties cheaply

By the way I love it here
Old Mar 27th 2012, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to you all!

Thank you,
Saga
I do not have a Sea and Sun apartment I believe there very few sold and because of this it there may not be enough money for things like Pool maintenance and lifts not working .When I bought on Esuri in Las Encinas there were only about 25 per cent sold and we had these sorts of issues Now a lot more have been sold this has to a large extent been resolved It was resolved when the banks started selling the properties cheaply

By the way I love it here
Old Mar 27th 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Hi to you all!

Thank you,
Saga
Welcome and good luck with your search. CE is a great place to buy and can provide all your requirements at very competitive prices. There are definitely bargains to be had from the banks, but do make sure you buy on one of the developments that is already well sold, otherwise there could be problems with funding for maintenance , lighting etc etc. It will be fairly obvious when you look at the garden and pool areas as the well established and funded ones are very obvious. I notice you mention Sea & Sun but this is one that is fairly poorly sold, so you could be quite disappointed - but it's all down to the individual, isn't it.

A bank sale or a previously owned is very much down to whether you want something already furnished. As for the banks, sorry don't know too much but probably worth talking to Homes & Fincas and Premier Property, as they are both marketing and must know the best mortgage deals. Let them earn their money!
Just one last tip, be absolutely sure of your solicitor, there are plenty of posts on here about certain firms that you will want to avoid if you want a relatively stress free purchase.
Other than that enjoy the experience!
Andy
Old Mar 28th 2012, 12:00 am
Just Joined

sharon s is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I have an apartment on Vista Esuri (Rago 2). Pretty well built. Generous proportions. Lovely communal grounds and pools. These are considered by many to be particularly good as they were the first phase, so were used to sell later parts of CE. I don't like the look of the Sun & Sea apartments personally, as they look very close together; but there may be some good deals there. There are definitely resales on Vista Esuri, so ground floor gardens are done in most cases (an expense to factor in if new). There are also some bank sales for apartments that have not been completed on or occupied. Homes & Fincas have many advertised. I believe that Caja Granada Bank may have some resales. Good luck. CE is lovely and can only get better
Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

We love CE too. we bought an apartment in Las Colinas (the one right on the top of the hill) when no one lived there just over a year ago but now the pools are up and running and the gardens are coming along nicely. again Homes & Fincas have some for sale here.
Kath

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.