Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying - Community of Property Owners.

Buying - Community of Property Owners.

Old Apr 7th 2019, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

martin21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying - Community of Property Owners.

Can someone advise please if and how a person can check the status (financial health) of a community in which they see a property for sale. Non payers/ plans for painting the complex, upcoming charges for maintenance etc.
I do not see this on many of the on line check lists advising people on Spanish property purchase.but it has to be hugely relevant before you would commit to purchasing ?
Old Apr 7th 2019, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying - Community of Property Owners.

Originally Posted by martin21 View Post
Can someone advise please if and how a person can check the status (financial health) of a community in which they see a property for sale. Non payers/ plans for painting the complex, upcoming charges for maintenance etc.
I do not see this on many of the on line check lists advising people on Spanish property purchase.but it has to be hugely relevant before you would commit to purchasing ?
Ask for the Minutes of the last two or three AGMs - the Administrator for the Community will have them if not the owners from whom you are buying. The Minutes will list debtors, budgets, expenses and annual fees.
Old Apr 7th 2019, 5:38 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Your agent should be able to get all this for you - make them do some work for a change
Old Apr 7th 2019, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

martin21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Buying - Community of Property Owners.

Originally Posted by snikpoh View Post
Your agent should be able to get all this for you - make them do some work for a change

Thank you both for your replies.Its a Bank property so ill have to try the agent again.I have asked on two occasions.
I assume you would not be expected to place a deposit on a property in a Community about which you only had a visual knowledge of .
Old Apr 7th 2019, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both for your replies.Its a Bank property so ill have to try the agent again.I have asked on two occasions.
I assume you would not be expected to place a deposit on a property in a Community about which you only had a visual knowledge of .
No you should not - if you have to leave a deposit because you are keen to buy get a lawyer and put the money in an escrow account . Re - AGM Minutes. Is there a Community noticeboard with contact details for the Administrator , normally a management company and they must have all the Minutes