Reload this Page >

Buying Bank owned apartments?

Buying Bank owned apartments?

Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Dalek182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Buying Bank owned apartments?

Hi Everybody,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post! I am looking for help, guidance, opinions and any nuggets of knowledge that will help me form an opinion.

I am proposing to come out to Ayamonte to view an apartment that a bank has title to and I am able to buy at what seems to be a very fair price!

I am hoping to get a flood of opinion so I will not mention which bank or which complex.

Have you had any experiences?

Best wishes and Happy New Year

DALEK182
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying Bank owned apartments?

Originally Posted by Dalek182
Hi Everybody,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post! I am looking for help, guidance, opinions and any nuggets of knowledge that will help me form an opinion.

I am proposing to come out to Ayamonte to view an apartment that a bank has title to and I am able to buy at what seems to be a very fair price!

I am hoping to get a flood of opinion so I will not mention which bank or which complex.

Have you had any experiences?

Best wishes and Happy New Year

DALEK182
Before you buy anything go into Ayamonte and look at the estate agents. There are a load of bargains. If you are ready to buy you can name your price on most of them.
You may be surprised that the Banks fair price is nowhere near the best.
And if you do go ahead get an independant solicitor. I contacted the Law society in the UK to recomend some Spanish solicitors to me!!
I chose a firm they recomended based outside of the area and could not fault them.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a link to the BBVA website for their sales on Esuri

http://www.bbvavivienda.com/JVIV/inmuebles/index.asp

You could also google Homes and Fincas, they are one of more prominent agents in Ayamonte. There is also Premier Property in Ayamonte.

You need to bear in mind that if you buy a resale throug an agent it could have Air Con etc. As long as it works it could make a considerable saving. Sometimes they are sold with furniture.

Good luck
Old Jan 5th 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Mitto is an unknown quantity at this point

If you speak to Homes & Fincas in Ayamonte (Marc speaks perfect English) they have a very good portfolio of properties in Ayamonte including Costa Esuri and he also knows details about the bank owned ones as well.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for the helpful feedback, so far! The BBVA link is very helpful as I am looking at CAM Bank so if you know of any further links that would add to possibilities.

I will phone Marc at Homes and Fincas tomorrow.

CAM are offering a rent to buy scheme that seems an interesting alternative.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

We bought from La Caixa through Marc at Homes and Fincas. We are very pleased with our place and with the service from Marc. We used a solicitor in England; he is Spanish but speaks perfect English. We chose him because he is a Spanish solicitor but also a solicitor in England so that if there were any problems we could go through the English Law Society. but no need to worry; excellent service there too. I can give you his details if you want them.
Kaath
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

One thing that is worth considering is if it is a Fadesa built place (ie Rago apartment) you will need to consider which of the 3 phases you want.

Rago 2 (Marina ?) is more established and the communal areas look very nicely finished

Rago 1 ( Las Encinas) where I am is now getting established with more Spanish owners. BBVA and Cam have places for sale here

Rago 3 as I call it at on top of the cliff. I cannot comment as I have not seen it close up
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Mitto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by guesswork
One thing that is worth considering is if it is a Fadesa built place (ie Rago apartment) you will need to consider which of the 3 phases you want.

Rago 2 (Marina ?) is more established and the communal areas look very nicely finished

Rago 1 ( Las Encinas) where I am is now getting established with more Spanish owners. BBVA and Cam have places for sale here

Rago 3 as I call it at on top of the cliff. I cannot comment as I have not seen it close up
Rago 2 is called Vista Esuri (First Phase) and is the most established with larger pool areas and the most populated but I doubt there will be many bank owned properties available and will be more expensive due to location.

Rago 3 is called Las Collinas (Third Phase) I looked at quite number of bank owned apartments up there early in 2011, at that point the pool areas were unfinished but I now believe they are completed and things are taking shape.

Marc from Homes & Fincas told me recently that they are selling quite a lot of apartments up there to people from Seville but there will still be a good number of bank owned properties to choose from.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 3:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
Before you buy anything go into Ayamonte and look at the estate agents. There are a load of bargains. If you are ready to buy you can name your price on most of them.
You may be surprised that the Banks fair price is nowhere near the best.
And if you do go ahead get an independant solicitor. I contacted the Law society in the UK to recomend some Spanish solicitors to me!!
I chose a firm they recomended based outside of the area and could not fault them.
Sound advice young man
Old Jan 7th 2012, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

stevep is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefuly to avoid any confusion Rago 3 is in fact Albatros, which is not a Fadesa Build.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buying Bank owned apartments?

Originally Posted by stevep
Hopefuly to avoid any confusion Rago 3 is in fact Albatros, which is not a Fadesa Build.
Are you certain of your facts.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stevep
Ok Rago is not Albatros they are the 2 sandy coloured devolpments neither of which are inhabited.

The Fadesa developments are Marina Esuri, Rago1 (Las Encinas), Rago2 (Vista Esuri), Rago3 (Las Colinas) and the 2 Town House developments (Lomas & La Jara). Hope this clarifies, Bryony
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks once again, it is very worrying the amount of property that is either uninhabited uncompleted and for sale due to repossession. The only way I can get a true feel for the situation is to visit and take a view. We will do this over the next week or two. I have noticed the number of flights into Faro has reduced dramatically, probably all due to the same financial reasons!

I was wondering what the general situation was with community charges with so many properties empty, and some not completed?

Due to the uncertainty we have narrowed our search to a "rent to buy" in Ur. Puente Esuri, Parcela Rago-1, Any thoughts?
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buying Bank owned apartments?

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Ok Rago is not Albatros they are the 2 sandy coloured devolpments neither of which are inhabited.

The Fadesa developments are Marina Esuri, Rago1 (Las Encinas), Rago2 (Vista Esuri), Rago3 (Las Colinas) and the 2 Town House developments (Lomas & La Jara). Hope this clarifies, Bryony
Albatros I (phase 1 and phase 2) are down between the Boulevard and the Marisma. They are not totally deserted there is a chap with a blue van lives up on the second floor in the L/H front corner of phase 1 and a black Mercedes is often parked outside phase 2 so they must be lonely. It is said that July and August it is transformed and the place is full. There is the second Albatros development up past the hotel and Golf Club which appears totally deserted except for the gardener but from the outside appears complete down to the paddle court and tennis courts. That one together with Sea and Sun next door will have fantastic views over the Marina in the future.
Old Jan 8th 2012, 9:56 am
Just Joined

stevep is an unknown quantity at this point

If refering to the original development plan, which could be presented to a purchaser, Rago 3 is definately Albatros. The Developer was 'Pracsa'/Loira, not Fadesa and the sandy coloured Blocks (Albatros I) are definately inhabited.
Rago1 is without doubt the most nurtured and inviting of all the 'Rago's', being completed just as the recession kicked in. In my opinion, Dalek 182, you are wise to rent here first and get all your doubts answered by personal experience and then decide if you want to take advantage of the many good offers available.
Best of luck Dalek 182 and trust you will come to loving the area as much as we do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.