Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

buying in alicante

buying in alicante

Old Jul 7th 2013, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

mgh77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buying in alicante

Hello I've just joined and im looking for some advice.i want to purchase a 2 bed apartment with communal pool.I have seen such properties advertised in villamartin for around 40k which I would be paying cash.I really want to move forward but am worried about being conned.I have done some basic research but could really use some advice from people in the know.If anyone could help in any way it would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 5:57 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying in alicante

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Hello rosemary
Many thanks
Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Find a Lawyer you can trust, not one recommended to you by the seller or agent.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 8:30 am
Just Joined

I have been doing some research and was thinking of using manuel martin& co who are based in london as am i. They also have an office in nerja.Have you heard of them?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Aston martin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm in the same position as you , I'm looking at investing too I've already bought in turkey so I have a little bit if experience buying abroad .
Maybe we could share info to help each other out .

If you would like to email me or private message me.

Trickyadz@hotmail. Co.uk

Adam
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aston martin
Hi

I'm in the same position as you , I'm looking at investing too I've already bought in turkey so I have a little bit if experience buying abroad .
Maybe we could share info to help each other out .

If you would like to email me or private message me.

Trickyadz@hotmail. Co.uk

Adam
Sorry, but the laws regarding buying in Turkey have nothing in common with Spanish law, except that at the end you will have bought a house. The OP needs to find a trustworthy Spanish lawyer, as said not one recommended by the agents.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies it all helps.i have had some correspondence with manuel martin&co this morning.They seem professional, their website outlines all that they do.they have quoted around 1500-2000.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I can't help with a recommendation for a lawyer as I don't live anywhere near the area you would like to buy in, but I remember that when I bought my house the Spanish legal firm I used (which I was very happy with) charged 1% of the purchase price in fees.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 9:32 am
Banned

PennyA will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Find a Lawyer you can trust, not one recommended to you by the seller or agent.
Totally agree here. Trust is a key factor!
Old Jul 9th 2013, 9:41 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PennyA
Totally agree here. Trust is a key factor!
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 9th 2013, 9:45 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome all the new posters on this thread, especially tricky ads

Why use a Lawyer based in the UK. all they will do is farm it out to a Spanish lawyer and take a cut
Old Jul 9th 2013, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you use a lawyer who lived in Nerja when you are wanting to buy in Villamartin (I have to ask why there??)? Your best advice is to find someone who has bought in the area and ask them what are the pitfalls. If you search for a co.uk forum situated in the nearest large town (torrevieja) you will find a lot more useful help on there.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 10:45 am
Just Joined

The holy grail.....a trustworthy lawyer
Thanks for all the replies.i am not rushing into anything, thats why I joined this forum. I read an article by peter esders who said it would be prudent to use a british lawyer who practises spanish law, im just scared of being ripped off.

Rspltd-thanks for your input....are you asking why would I want to buy in villamartin or why use a lawyer in nerja?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

Both really. Your lawyer would have to attend at the Notary so any travel costs would add to the bill hence the Nerja comment. As far as Villamartin goes, it's probably as near to Britain in the sun as it is possible to get in Spain. Is that what you want?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.