buy a house in martos[jaen]

Old May 17th 2008, 10:29 am
Just Joined

dawny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buy a house in martos[jaen]

can any one give me info on area of jaen
Old May 17th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buy a house in martos[jaen]

Originally Posted by dawny
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaen

Jaen has a fabulous cathedral and a small castle (which is also a Parador hotel/resto serving delicious food).

Erm...

That's about it.

Being in the 'Olive Belt' (or, at least on the edge of it), the surrounding countryside is a monotonous, never ending scene of row after row of olive groves. It's extremely hot and dry in summer and extremely cold in winter.

If I was looking for property in this part of Spain I'd go closer to Cazorla. Baeza and Ubeda are both beautiful little cities. Sierra de Cazorla is one of my favourite national parks in Spain. Stunningly beautiful at this time of year particularly.

Not a large ex-pat community around Jaen, so you'll have to learn Spanish to stand any chance of successfully making a living.
Old May 18th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ali in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really nice

Hi. I live in Jaen. PM if you like. Glad to answer any questions you have.
Ali
Old May 18th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ali in jaen
Ali
I`m sure that I did already a few weeks ago and I`m still awaiting a reply.
Old May 18th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nibby
Try http://www.alcala-life.com It' our local website based in Alcala La Real, if they have not covered it yet ask the editor to dig for info for you, that's what she does.

It's a new site started in October last year to help the English speakers in the area to network. People are donating articles and photos of the area. There is also a forum you can ask there to, you might get someone who lives there to answer your questions.

You don't ask you don't get! Try it.
That looks good. Thanks for that.
Old May 19th 2008, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Ali
HI IS JAEN A BIG PLACE OR IS IT A SMALL VILLAGE.
TRANSPORT / IS IT EASY TO GET FROM MALAGA
AIRPORT
THANK YOU FOR THE HELP
Old May 20th 2008, 6:53 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dawny;
AIRPORT
THANK YOU FOR THE HELP
Think maybe you need to do some research before buying a house there!
Jaen is one of the provinces of Andalucia of which the city of Jaen is the capital.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja%C3%A9n
Martos is a town in the province of Jaen.
Old May 20th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Ali in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really niceAli in jaen is just really nice

Originally Posted by DebsyW
I`m sure that I did already a few weeks ago and I`m still awaiting a reply.
Oooops! Sorry Been a bit busy and rather vague the last few weeks. Will check out that PM then.

Ali
Old May 20th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

AIRPORT
THANK YOU FOR THE HELP
Jaen is a province, full of olive trees. Lots of villages. Jaen city is the capital of the province.- It's a large town or maybe a small city. It's got pretty much everything you expect from a town as regards facilities. Shops, hospital, doctors, schools, public transport, nice areas, rough areas, parks etc. Lots of bars. What sort of place are you looking for?

From malaga it takes about 2 and a half hours by car maybe a bit less. Public transport add an hour.
Granada airport much more handy depending on which UK airport you're going to.
Hardly anyone speaks Spanish so coming out with a base is a good idea.Are you looking to work?

Hope this helps, but not quite sure what else you'd like to know. Ali
Old May 20th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Oooops! Sorry Been a bit busy and rather vague the last few weeks. Will check out that PM then.

Ali
Thanks Ali ... got your reply
Old May 20th 2008, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

transport add an hour.
Granada airport much more handy depending on which UK airport you're going to.
Hardly anyone speaks Spanish so coming out with a base is a good idea.Are you looking to work?

Hope this helps, but not quite sure what else you'd like to know. Ali[/QUOTE]

thanks ,all we want is a holliday home,maybe move their in about 5 to 10 years.
we fly from newcastle . thank you
Old May 21st 2008, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

martos spain
is this a big town or village
Old May 21st 2008, 6:37 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martos
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

martos spain
is this a big town or village
It's got about 20,000 inhabitants. All the usual supermarkets. All the usual banks. Some shops. Don't think its got a cinema. A street market on Saturdays. Quite a big industrial estate. Lots of houses and flats. Not much else really.

I'd say its a small town rather than a village.