Butane gas bottles.

Butane gas bottles.

Old Jun 3rd 2018, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Martin mc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Butane gas bottles.

Originally Posted by tonisdad
Martin
Was that petrol station near Ayamonte heading Portugal way or opposite?
Thanks
Hi Toni,

From Costa Esuri take the motorway heading towards Spain. As you enter the motorway keep in the right hand lane which is the service road to the petrol station.

Regards

Martin.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 11:54 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

That was interesting, we rely on cylinders for cooking too, they contain 20lbs of gas, and cost 45ec, which is 14.27 euros today. Similar huh...

One thing i discovered when i got a cooker converted - they arent necessarily butane, they are required to be specific calorific value, which is about 3 times north sea gas, as a result they are actually a mix of butane and propane apparently [its all a load of hot air to me :-).

If you ever have a new cooker, its probably against all sorts of health and safety legislation BUT its worth removing the jets and disconnecting joints into burner heads then, coating the threads in copaslip and refitting.

This is because when you screw brass things into aluminium or steel things they experience electrolytic corrosion. This is exascerbated by the corrosive nature of the gas, and the result is that you will get some corrosion in the pipes that will quite possibky clog the jets in time, which will by then be corroded solid into the burners...

This has happened to ne twice, with a cheapish uk stoves cooker and a very pricey uk rangemaster cooker - i now use professional ranges with stainless piping and brass burners - which will still corrode but is better than ali...
Old Jun 4th 2018, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

tonisdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martin mc

Hi Toni,

From Costa Esuri take the motorway heading towards Spain. As you enter the motorway keep in the right hand lane which is the service road to the petrol station.

Regards

Martin.
Thanks Martin will give that a try next time over there to fill up with diesel.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Had the same problem the last time I was at my apartment. Called to the gas bottle supplier, on the industrial estate in Ayamonte, to purchase a bottle for the new heater I bought from Leroy Merlin. The guy wanted my NIE number, proof of address etc etc and the price for the gas plus the contract for hiring the bottle was a bit expensive to say the least. Didn’t have the information with me so decided to try at the petrol station on the motorway.

Walked in and told them what I wanted, paid for the gas, put the bottle in the car. Didn’t even ask me for the empty bottle. Cost me about €14.

Regards

Martin.
GOOD POST
Old Jun 4th 2018, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Dear all,

I must confess that I didn’t work this all out by myself and it was Bill who gave me the idea. The good thing is it worked. Probably helps if you’re a bit cheeky.

See you you in two weeks Bill.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bill,

I’ll be on my own for the first 5 days could you tell Claire not to put too much butter on my toast just in case the egg slips off.

Last edited by Martin mc; Jun 4th 2018 at 10:45 pm. Reason: .
Old Jun 5th 2018, 7:24 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bill,

I’ll be on my own for the first 5 days could you tell Claire not to put too much butter on my toast just in case the egg slips off.
And Bill and Claire - I'd like a longer Indian head massage this time please

See you soon

Jon