Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

To But now in Spain or wait?

To But now in Spain or wait?

Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:26 pm
Banned

guest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really niceguest5234 is just really nice
Default Re: To But now in Spain or wait?

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
If I knew who you were talking to I might answer.

Missed out the G
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:40 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

You should google (deleted - mod) and Turkey in general, you`d be very supprised how fast things are moving there.

Marmaris and Dalaman are very save investment areas for british holiday business and rental market.

Or check out spectacular Alanya (deleted - mod)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Dec 18th 2007 at 10:56 am. Reason: Unsolicited property commercial site url's
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guest5234
I have noticed house prices in have come down in Costa Blanca were I would like to buy a property, we almost purchaced a house for £250,000 26 months ago but lost out to a higher bidder £255,000 ...it is now back on the market at £225,000 I have also noticed that property seems to be on the market for a long time now....question....do I buy now or wait to see if prices drop any further.
Wait... if you can hold out for a year or so they could 'most likely will' tumble more. Baring in mind that I am in the south where property soared because of foreigners paying silly asking prices without a blink... but, I keep an eye on some of the agents prices around where I live and today I see over the last few days one has now added 'Reduced' to * a lot * more of the properties in the window, these reduced ones where around 10 to 15% less than last week (About 15% of the properties in the window!). I guess as agents get even more desperate they are calling the owners to tell them they need to reduce to sell, and some are now listening... the reality is starting to kick in.

Hopefully without getting a lot of 'No they won't' replies... I think many properties could and will drop to up to 30% or more... certainly in the south. As people need to sell the prices will drop, sales have slumped 'as we all know', promoters in many places have brought the new properties prices down as they need to sell, this has also slowed the re-sales market and hence price reductions there. The Spanish are no longer buying here in the south as they where either which adds to the problem for sellers.

BTW, You can and always could get properties that are worth buying, even a year ago 'still are properties at realistic prices but you just had to know where to look for them.

You could do a couple of things.... like start by making them an offer at about 15% to 20% or more... less

A Spanish lady who has a furniture shop down out street from me bought a new villa near Campanillas 4 to 5 weeks ago, there where several homes at a 420,000 euro asking price by the promoter... she walked away with a sale on 310,000

Good luck

Last edited by Econ; Dec 17th 2007 at 7:54 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:04 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee8
You should google (Deleted - mod) and Turkey in general, you`d be very supprised how fast things are moving there.

Marmaris and Dalaman are very save investment areas for british holiday business and rental market.

Or check out spectacular Alanya deleted - mod)
I have no interest in living in a Muslim country thanks.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Dec 18th 2007 at 10:57 am.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:13 pm
Banned

lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

The South, I`ve come across a few Expats who are feed up with the Costa`s del Shi are we allowed to say poo and have been trying to get out of Spain, but can`t as there properties arn`t selling for the price they paid originally.

Its true the bubble will well and truly burst a lot of Spaniards dreams, especially since alot of properties where borrowed against, using the Banks brilliant idea that allowed them to get a second mortgage and pay off the original within 2 yrs on the bases that you`d have sold the first property, only problem is many haven`t been able too sell them and Spaniards especially Andalucians haven`t been willing to reduce the price, until that 2 yr has started to come very close.

Soon there will be far far far more houses than willing buyers, and having seen many Urbs/apts in Winter that resemble ghost towns, the summers I fear will resemble the winters.

I`d wait a while before buying in Spain, the current financial markets in Europe will make financing a home there more difficult as the Banks, especially the Spanish and British ones will be bracing themselves for clients with financial difficulties in the next year or so.

Your best bet if you can is to retain a property in the UK and rent in Spain, anybody who sells up in the UK and moves into a new property in Spain without more than a few holiday experiences really is looking for trouble.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have no interest in living in a Muslim country thanks.
If your in the South you already are.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

If your in the South you already are.
south of where?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:25 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

There's some funny shit going down here!

And do I detect a sales pitch for Turkey in there somewhere?

Mitzy's going to be watching this one!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:26 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by XTreme
There's some funny shit going down here!

And do I detect a sales pitch for Turkey in there somewhere?

Mitzy's going to be watching this one!
NO!

Good to see you back on, its been very quiet without you.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

The South, I`ve come across a few Expats who are feed up with the Costa`s del Shi are we allowed to say poo and have been trying to get out of Spain, but can`t as there properties arn`t selling for the price they paid originally.
Well while I feel sorry for them it kinda serves many of them right, they came across, looked at the price and handed over the money. Just because the property was cheaper than their own country is not what it is about, they should have researched... many of those who didn't in the last few years will probably loose if they need to sell within the next few years. These people would have also contributed 'in some extent' to the astronomical, unrealistic rises.

Soon there will be far far far more houses than willing buyers, and having seen many Urbs/apts in Winter that resemble ghost towns, the summers I fear will resemble the winters.
There are already! I travel around most of the urbs between Benalmadena and Nueva Andalucia, it * shocks me * the number of homes for sale, many left un-maintained and becoming run down. It doesn't sink in until you see street after street with many properties having for sale on them, and thats just villas

I`d wait a while before buying in Spain, the current financial markets in Europe will make financing a home there more difficult as the Banks, especially the Spanish and British ones will be bracing themselves for clients with financial difficulties in the next year or so.
That might be your loss thinking like that.... If I had 400,000 euros handy I know of 2 properties i would buy tomorrow, I wouldn't hesitate. There are still properties today that are worth buying, you just need to do your homework.

Last edited by Econ; Dec 17th 2007 at 8:38 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:31 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't had time to even take a dump Matt! Consequently I'm full of shit at the moment!

Loads of work on.....but it's not just doing the work.....it's getting the people to pay for it is the problem!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:32 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by XTreme
Haven't had time to even take a dump Matt! Consequently I'm full of shit at the moment!

Loads of work on.....but it's not just doing the work.....it's getting the people to pay for it is the problem!
Stick around though mate, aren't enough "characters" around at the moment.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Missed out the G
Missed out the Y in BUT too!!
LMJ
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Ruby.

youve been sussed Matt !!!!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:09 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by spain

youve been sussed Matt !!!!
You're trouble you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.