Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Businesses on Esuri ?????

Businesses on Esuri ?????

Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:29 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Businesses on Esuri ?????

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
Does anyone know who owns the commercial building which the little shop is in. I heard it was Fedesa, but wasn't sure. Maybe they would do some good rent deals to encourage more places to open up. In the UK they do a short contracts and reduced rent for the first year until you return enough profit to stand on your own two feet. Mind you it stills take some balls to do!

Maybe we could all start CE Services Club and buy shares in it. Use the money to start up a shop or bar/bistro (legally of course with no live music) and use the profits to open another. Imagine the financial backing you could achieve with lots of people getting involved and if it went tits up you wouldnt lose more than a few months community charges? One thing is for sure you wouldn't be short of staff to run the places.

It would need organisers on the ground on CE, but as much as I would like to I still live in shighty blighty! Anyway just a thought!
Oh my god - what an excellent idea xxxxx

Im all for the tapas bar - especially if anyone can get the recipe off the guy who does the fish and callamarie for his tomato dish down in Ayamonte - i could live of that - he makes the best tom dish ive ever tasted xxxxx
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:46 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miacat
As the commercial centre on the phase 1 townhouses is the most complete it is perhaps where energy needs to be focused. It would still cost more to kit a unit out than perhaps Jag's villa needed (but I am guessing here and it would be no where near as nice) but if there are deals to done in the purchase or rent of the units this might not be insurmountable and the location is walkable from most of the more fully habited parts of CE. I think mini supermarkets bars and restaurants are all that possibly would survive at the present time as that is what Brits want when they are on holiday, and second home owners are still are one of the major groups on CE - they sometimes don't want to trek too far. The shops would need to be like the amazing Chinese shops - sell everything but also provide fresh food. Perhaps one of these might survive? Don't know of any Chinese shops that do food however but I am just suggesting the model might work but include food. The Chinese shops in Portugal seem to survive in the most out of way locations. They probably get very low rental on their premises so that has to happen first.
Another good idea Miacat - we need to find out costings of rentals or if they are prepared to sell xxxxx
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:54 am
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by John and Lynn
Did you mean a financial co-op or a voice to negotiate on behalf of new ventures. I mentioned in a previous post about clubbing together to get a business off the ground (small Tapas Bar maybe) and if successful moving onto another. Obviously the first would be the most difficult to arrange and get going but that could lead to so much more. If successful we could sell them off to local businesses to run, get our monies back and use the profit to open more or just walk away?

I don't know what it would cost, but 25 shareholders at say £500 each is £12,500 (16,000 euros) which would go a long way towards the first place! Maybe some other bigger investors may want to join in? Just think, you would not only have the chance own a bit more of CE but you would also be adding value to CE and your properties!
J and L - that would be a brilliant way to do this wouldnt it if you can get enough backers - i for one would give it a go defo xxxxx
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:56 am
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by alaric
I had in mind something along the lines of the Highland Store you find in the Western Islands of Scotland where the locals form a Co-op along the lines of the old Victorian CWS set up. They rent and stock a foodstore or general store and either take turns in running it or employ someone trustworthy to manage it on a set wage. There is no mark up on any stock, the members can choose what to stock and develop from there so as to attract other trades.

My observation of Esuri is that it does not have a sufficiently large permanent population as yet to support a commercial venture all year round without such a subsidy but that once it is started and the next property boom gets underway, your great, great grandchildren may make a fortune out of such an enterprise!

From what little I have seen of the Highland ventures they tend to wash their faces financially but provide vital services for small remote communities. I do have a friend who is involved with the Harris Trust and will be happy to put you in touch with him if you are interested.

Bon Chance!

Alaric
PS Could you get some pies and haggis in for me when you get started please?

PPS Of course if Rajoy manages to grt Gibraltar back then you could be on to a winner sooner than you think.
Alaric - if you could give us more info about this or point us in the right direction for more info that would be fantastic - and thank you very much for this post xxxxx
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bennie
Personally I think a ferreteria store or the like would go down a bomb here on Esuri! Anyone else feel the same?

Sam
I had to look up ferreteria as my spanish isn't too hot! .... but yes it would be very handy.....

I think alot depends upon where we are with the commercial units though with regards availability and rents both for that and the proposed collective. Does anybody have any idea on availability and cost?
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:25 am
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
I had to look up ferreteria as my spanish isn't too hot! .... but yes it would be very handy.....

I think alot depends upon where we are with the commercial units though with regards availability and rents both for that and the proposed collective. Does anybody have any idea on availability and cost?
Hahahaha so did i - i think im gonna have to practice my Spanish if we are ever going to move over there hahahahahaha xxxxx
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:27 am
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by mrtrumper

Im looking into trying to find out costs of rentals or sales via a friend on the units near phase 1 town houses as someone has already mentioned they seem to be the easiest to finish off at the moment xxxxx

But if anyone has any idea on here please let us know xxxxx
Old Aug 28th 2012, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bennie
Personally I think a ferreteria store or the like would go down a bomb here on Esuri! Anyone else feel the same?

Sam
See post #4. Bryony
Old Aug 28th 2012, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

LynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant futureLynnF has a brilliant future

What about the CERA (residents association) they must have a few members Spanish and English + others (not to discriminate) may be it could be something to be bought up with them??

I personally think a Tapas Bar would be a gread idea too. Yummy!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LynnF
What about the CERA (residents association) they must have a few members Spanish and English + others (not to discriminate) may be it could be something to be bought up with them??

I personally think a Tapas Bar would be a gread idea too. Yummy!
How about English tapas a la St Pancras International station. Cumberland sausages on sticks, mini fish & chip wraps (although Limonello already does those); cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks; melon and ham; potato skins with bacon and cheese; breaded mushrooms with dips; chicken wings etc etc as well as all the local Spanish ones. Appeal to the wider market.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

You forgot Scotch Eggs and Pork Pies..... a first on my list for English Tapas at the cricket....
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Diddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant future

What about asking the chap who's got the supermarket? wether he has rented or bought should have an idea who to contact...might not be forthcoming with the prospect of competition but if you don't ask.....just a thought guys
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:42 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diddymiddy
What about asking the chap who's got the supermarket? wether he has rented or bought should have an idea who to contact...might not be forthcoming with the prospect of competition but if you don't ask.....just a thought guys
For sure he's rented.... As I mentioned previously if the rumours are true then the other units will be up for sale. Hopefully at a great price as the bank gets rid of the asset on the book....... Perhaps someone will buy with a view to renting it out to a business.....

I think we will have to wait a while till we know however....
Old Aug 28th 2012, 7:20 pm
Banned

John and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud ofJohn and Lynn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Diddymiddy
Yeah, but they may also be interested in joining the investment. They may have lots of inside info which could be helpful. Help them, help us!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

In the "desarollo local" office in the Town Hall (1st floor), they should be able to give you all the informations requested,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.