Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bus/rail concessions for Brit pensioners.

Bus/rail concessions for Brit pensioners.

Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

hebridean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bus/rail concessions for Brit pensioners.

Can I convert my British pensioner's travel pass for the equivalent in Spain? It's a joy to experience Spanish public transport, and it's even better to be able to dispense with the car altogether; so good is the bus service in Spain compared to home. I will be spending 6 months in Benidorm.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bus/rail concessions for Brit pensioners.

Originally Posted by hebridean
Can I convert my British pensioner's travel pass for the equivalent in Spain? It's a joy to experience Spanish public transport, and it's even better to be able to dispense with the car altogether; so good is the bus service in Spain compared to home. I will be spending 6 months in Benidorm.
Can't help much on that score - but the buses are very reasonable in Benidorm - €1 and you go a fair distance for that money
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:51 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hebridean
I susp that you will only get concessions if you are classed as a resident and on the padron at the very least, perhaps you would even need to have residencia
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I susp that you will only get concessions if you are classed as a resident and on the padron at the very least, perhaps you would even need to have residencia
He should have that if he stays over 3 months and have to re-register when he returns to the UK.